1 Oct 2015

Nabi vol.19 part 3 - Chap 37: Was a dream, Must be butterfly (Butterfly).

This drawing makes me feel pitiful for all of them ;-;
Hi everyone,

Editing this part, I couldn't help but thinking I've done a poor job with my previous summaries. I left out many small details that didn't seem important at the time. But we know how KYJ-nim's stories are, in the end those small details really matter. Hence, I think I'm having to go back and improve the old posts, gradually. Can't post all the pages because editing out all texts would take forever, but at least I can provide translation for every line in the story. So here's the first improved summary. Improved work for vol.17 and 18 will be following soon.
Nabi vol.16 part 2 - Chap 31: Little girl's toy. [Improved]


Now let's continue with vol.19:

Note: Seong's fellow guy, his name is Sang-ha. I had to dig in some old volumes for this, sorry Sang-ha hyung!

Nabi vol.19 part 3
Chap 37: Was a dream, Must be butterfly (Butterfly)
- Translator: Pual -   




Seong: "Entrance?"

Jeork-young: "Done."

Jeork-young: "Although I don't know about airlines.
I guess this is not the way home."

Seong: "Sure. We should earn some more with this big party."



Seong: "This
How much does it cost?"

Jeork-young: "Wanna buy?"

Seong: "I don't have money at all. And it's impossible even if I save up my whole life."

Seong: "... Is it called propellant?"

**

Seong: "Something is required to shoot?"

Sang-ha: "There's probably something like that to make it fly."

Seong: "This
How much firepower does this have?"


Seong: "Though it can't destroy the whole thing
It may blow up some parts of a castle I guess?"

Jeork-young: "What?"

Sang-ha: "He's just saying."

Seong: "Who knows? We may be written on some pages of The Fall of the Su Empire..."

**

Sang-ha: "Seong!"

Seong: "Huh? But, doesn't it need something like a propellant or something?"

Jeork-young: "Aren't we having a propellant already?"



Jeork-young: "We are boarding on it right now."



Seong: "A guy shall see the rise and fall of a nation in front of his very eyes."

**

Jeork-young: "Is there even someone who hasn't seen it?"


(In case you're wondering: Seong has been acting very carelessly since the King's airship crashed and he lost Gyeom. First he wanted to follow Myo-un Ryu Sang Ha-rim into the city, then wanted to go to So-ryu's house to kill her father, now he's going with them to Mun country, despite Sang-ha has always been telling him to stop doing those dangerous things and just go back home. He just doesn't care about his safety anymore. Sorry if my previous summaries couldn't capture all that properly.)




Jeork-young: "While living in a world like this

Risen

Fallen"

**

Jeork-young: "Swept by fate

And be killed for no reason, is there even someone who hasn't seen something like that?

When has it become difficult to see those things?"



Jeork-young: "There are Myo-un and Ah-ru on this ship too."

Background text: "Don't sacrifice yourself.

Don't die."

**

Background text: "Survive.

Survive and take responsibility."

Jeork-young: "If you want to die
Go die alone!"



Seong: "Just jump off before it crashes."

Jeork-young: "Then I'll crash to the ground, instead of castle"

Seong: "So you should aim precisely at moat."

Jeork-young: "It is too hard! Even professional divers can't do it!
And I can't even swim!

Seong: "Don't worry. Sang can do it."

**

Jeork-young: "Ryu Sang will
Save Ah-ru and Myo-un first..."

"...Then I..."
Background text: "Jeork-young~~" [Myo-un is calling him LOL]

"Will sink slowly, while watching them getting far away from me."



Jeork-young: "And getting further from my life as I'm sinking into the bottomless water."

Seong: "I don't think it would be that deep..."

Jeork-young: "And Myo-un's voice calling me from far away...
Jeork-young~ Jeork-young~
And Ryu Sang's voice beside her..."

Ryu Sang: "...Well...
Seems like he's been drown quite long ago, so let's move before someone finds us.

Jeork-young: "Damn that cold-hearted man! Has never been helpful in my life!"

Sang-ha: "No, I don't think it will happen...

**

Sang-ha: "Because"



Sang-ha: "I'll go back to my hometown safely with him."

Sang-ha: "Don't tell anyone about what he just said."

Jeork-young: "Yea."

Jeork-young: "Does he...
Want to go revolt?"

Sang-ha: "He just"

**

Sang-ha: "Wants to do a little revenge.

His heart lost its way but he didn't let it go."




"I'll go back with him and let him marry a pretty girl.

So, like the birth of a son and daughter

I'll let him know about a happiness like that.

That's what I can do for my sister. (*)

Whether my sister wants me to or not, I'll show him numerous days of life."


(*) The word "sister" can be used for both cases of sibling or cousin. (So Gyeom is Sang-ha's sibling/cousin? I didn't know.)



Seong: "Gyeom."



Gyeom: "Byeol.
...My beautiful Byeol..." (*)


"Ah, it's good.

My Gyeom who looks back when I call,
smiles back when I smile...

It is good even if it's a dream or a lie.
It is good because of you."


(*) Seong's first name is Byeol.
You remember Nabi The Prototype? He's cranky whenever Gyeom calls him Byeol.
And, "Byeol" means "star". So it can also be translated as "...My beautiful star..."



"While looking up to the twinkling sky at night

I'll tease him on one happy, boring day.

You were once a lover who could willingly throw your own life for love.

Although I didn't hate it, I didn't like it either."

**

Ah-ru: "Seems like Seong-oppa is having a sweet dream."

Myo-un: "It looks like that."

Ha-rim: "Ah-ru, you should sleep soon. Maybe you can have a sweet dream too."




Ha-rim: "What kind of dream do you want?"

Ah-ru: "With dad

And mom"

**

"With teacher

With sisters

With brothers

And with friends

A dream about going on a picnic."



"For the first time

I notice that

Ah-ru hasn't talked about our temple, not even once since the day."


"Holding her small head

is easing my desperate sorrow.

My little sister."


End this part.
Next: Vol.19 part 4: Chap 37 [continue]

****

This part is a beautiful tribute for the supporting cast don't you think? Jeork-young, Ah-ru, Seong and Geyom. Their stories are just as touching as the main cast's.

Next will be the last part of vol.19, it's exciting, So-ryu's record of dreams and her "credibility", which I think we all want to know.

Hope you guys like this post.
To Pual, thank you so much, as always, for the translating <3
Jessie.

6 comments:

  1. Ahhh, so much to catch up on!! ;___; It could be awhile. Nevertheless, thank you, Jessie and Pual, for your efforts and translations!

    I love Seong - he and Gyeom also remind me of Sejuru and June from Girl Queen (I wouldn't be surprised if KYJ pulled a CLAMP with Seong and Gyeom being deliberate nods to her other series). I'd like for him to live, but there's a 50/50 chance he could die, too, although I guess that applies to almost everyone, heh.

    Great flashback to explain what happened previously.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny you mention CLAMP, because I've got all the CLAMP vibes since I guessed about So-ryu's plan and all the "one wish cannot change the world, must be many wishes etc..." lol.

      I love Seong and Gyeom too. Too bad Gyeom died and can you imagine? I just got that :| due to rereading their story while writing this post. I've always thought that Gyeom just got away and Seong lost her trail. Naive me :( Poor Seong :((

      Now I'm kinda wrecked after finishing all Nabi... haha.

      Delete
    2. (By the way, what happened to your Felluah post? Did you delete it?)

      Sounds like CLAMP alright, lol - I always thought the art was in the same vein, too - elegant, elaborate, and pretty.

      In a way, Gyeom's death showed us that this won't be a cliche-ridden story - that people do die, that not everything will work out - which also makes me worried for the fates of the rest. ;;

      Delete
    3. (It's a long story... T_T In short, it needs some editing. But don't worry, I'm gonna post the WHOLE VOL.5 tmr >__<)

      CLAMP used the exact same plot twist with that Zhuangzi's butterfly dream in xxxHolic too. lol. Though I don't think it'd be the case in Nabi. It couldn't be like someone (So-ryu?) already died/un-existed, and this was just a big mess she created from her afterlife. It'd be ridiculous... So, I just can't wait to see how the plot will turn out.

      KYJ-nim has never been afraid of killing off some characters: Girl Queen, Platina. I'm just scared that Nabi won't be different... :-s

      Delete
  2. Re-reading, bit by bit.

    My favorite characters, actually, were Gyeom and Star (he's called that way in my language's official translation, too, and I like it). When they finally appeared (vol 10? 12?), after years of having known them only in Nabi - The Prototype, I had accepted both as characters from a different story, a one shot that found its way tino The Prototype but whose characters wouldn't ever appear. I was even happier when they turned out to be a member of Nabi's cast. And when Gyeom died - I hated it. I still do. Just look at Star, ready to throw away his life because without her, it has no sense anymore.

    Ahhh. I'm still hoping she'll appear again one day.

    This chapter was good precisely for the reason you mentioned: for the supporting cast. I think everyone loves Myo-Un's little siblings, Jeok-Yeong and Aru.

    Thank you for the summaries!

    fiesa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog so much! Thank you for the translating.

    ReplyDelete