21 Oct 2015

Nabi chap 97-98-99.


Hi everyone,

From now on I'll use chapter instead of volume for both Nabi and Pellua Iyagi, because we're seeing the releases on the monthly magazines.

And, I want to send a special thank to Raff @raffmanga. Thanks for bringing me a lot of wonderful readers Raff. :p


Now, a fix for Nabi's fans :p

Nabi chap 97-98-99: "And... Another Name of Fate."
- Translator: Pual -




Ha-rim: "...What do you mean...
By She is the Goddess of death..."

**

Ha-rim: "...Uh..."


Ha-rim: "Why?"

Ryu Sang: "...You...
Have already gone through near-death situations several times because of her."

**

Ha-rim: "Despite of it
I can't leave Lady So-ryu alone at this place.
And like she said, where could we go on this sky?"

Ryu Sang: "Then one day you'll die like that because of her!"


Ha-rim: "Then I can die for my benefactress."

**

Ryu Sang: "You
Have already harmed your benefactress once before.
And I gave you a chance despite of it.
Because I, at least, agreed with that saying 'No matter what, my life is important'!
Despite that you harmed my benefactress, I gave you one more chance!"


Ryu Sang: "Because I respected her, loved her,
And want to live like her!
But now, you are..."

**

Ha-rim: "You are kind, Ryu Sang.
You are kind."


Jeork-young: "I know right.
Too kind, Ryu Sang.

Too
Kind."


"Jeork-young!"

**

Ha-rim: "Kang Jeork-young!
I know how you feel, but this is not a good place!"

Jeork-young: "It is good enough
To die!"


Seong: "Stop them."

Ryu Sang: "Didn't you say that I was too tender before?"

Seong: "Not for Joo Ha-rim
But for Kang Jeork-young."


Ah-ru: "Oppa!
Jeork-young oppa!
You shouldn't fight!
Stop fighting!"


"...Ah... Young, foolish of me..."


"Who knew nothing but singing under the beautiful blossoming tree.

Who had a shallow mind and didn't even know mercy, so couldn't learn anything from a charitable person like you."


Ha-rim: "There's a thick vein on a man's wrist.
If you cut it, a man will die easily.
So easily even by that broken sword."


Ha-rim: "I think it'll suit me as my death.
I did something that even beasts wouldn't do."

**

Myo-un: "Stop."


Myo-un: "We have no time for this.
Both of you
Stop it."





Choi-sul: "Have you ever seen
Something like this?"


- "Upper entrance is opening."
- "Surrendering?"

- "It's hard to tell because it's so dark.
Though one person came out."

 .
- "It's female.
Ah!
It's her! The Prime Minister Son's daughter.
She was with Choi-sul like the Prime Minister said."

- "Can you make a hit?"
- "It's possible we will hit the ship too.
My Lord?"

**

- "She is the one the Empress Dowager is waiting! She is the fortune teller of this Empire!"
- "Well, how would it be? Wasn't prediction about the former Emperor incorrect?"
- "She is your daughter in law! You should consider Lord Isana!"

- "I
Didn't even want to get along with that family.
It's just that my spouse besought me to do so."


- "Then, under this circumstance
That the Emperor is young and the Empress Dowager is foolish, do I have to watch my nation be fooled by the Prime Minister's and that girl's hands?
Look at me following this pathetic order while Moon's fleet is invading my country."
- "But My Lord!"
- "In my eyes now, that ship is more valuable than that girl."

- "Still you can't do this, My Lord! The Prime Minister will not forget it if he knows. Can't you remember the Hong Jin-won who had fallen for kidnapping her!"
- "Isn't it a very common phenomenon that something may happen to a girl during war.
And if that girl is truly a fortune-teller

**

- "She might have prepared herself to survive from this fate."
- "My Lord!"
- "Uh?"
- "They're descending."


"Seems like

It's landing."


End chap 99.

****

Next: Chap 100-101: "I have someone on my mind."

Yea, the only character from Nabi The Prototype who hasn't re-appeared, will appear now.
(Edit: Sorry guys it's not technically Nabi The Protoype :p still, the same pre-settings of Nabi.)
As a dedicated SoryuIsana shipper, I wanna cry ;_;


Thank Pual as always for this <3
Hope everyone enjoys!
Jessie.

12 comments:

  1. Thank you Jessie and Pual! O(≧∇≦)O
    I wonder when one person fights or argues with another person and that person responds, they continue doing it until one of them wins. But as soon as the other one gives in or provokes the other, they stop. (Jeork-young & Ha-rim) Hehe, am I making sense? ^^;;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol yes you are. I don't think Jeork-young truly wanna kill Ha-rim, just that he just figured it out so he was mad. Ha-rim stopped, it cooled his anger significantly. He hasn't fully grown up yet... :p

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much Jessie and Pual for the update! XD
    Jeork-young my little boy, he grown up so much that it made me shock he could act that cold and fight Ha-rim in that situation... (and seems like he didn't call Ryu-sang Hyung anymore? ^^ )
    This chapter makes me curious about many things beside of what would happen with them next. Isana, when will you show up?? And about the only character from Nabi The Prototype who hasn't re-appeared, did you mean it's the girl in the last page? I couldn't recall who it is, it made me very curious ><;;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I've noticed since vol19, Jeork-young didn't call Ryu Sang "hyung" anymore. Ahh the boy has grown up...
      I have the same question, Isana, when will he reappear?? ;__;
      Yeah it's the girl in the last page, the girl from "The Door". I was mistaken a bit because "The Door" doesn't technically belong to Nabi Prototype, still... :p

      Delete
  3. Thanks, Pual, Jessie!

    Harim, my baby. ;;;; It comes as no surprise to me, though. I knew he'd want to atone in some way, and he is the type who would willingly throw their life away to either atone for their past deeds or to save somebody they view as superior/worthwhile. I couldn't imagine him simply abandoning So-ryu forever, either; he came back for her after all. His decisions will play a big part in the story's ending, I think.

    It's also quite telling to see Ryu Sang lecture Harim on life and how he gave him a chance to continue living, and it seems ludicrous now to him for Harim to waste that mercy he was given. Congrats on your character growth, Ryu Sang. ;~;

    Poor Jeork-young - he's been kept in the dark for so long, always having to wait for Ryu Sang and Myo-un to return, to give him news/information, finding out at last who killed their teacher. Seong telling Ryu Sang to stop the fight for the sake of Jeork-young...if Jeork-young seriously killed someone like that, in cold blood, Seong knows it would affect Jerok-young's life significantly. That's how I interpreted it, anyway.

    Choi-Sul asking if they'd ever seen a gun - makes me think more about the setting. It's fantasy/sci-fi in nature and very Korean, obviously, some kind of alternate history. I thought of it as steampunk-ish, too. Clearly, guns and gun powder are not widespread yet with everyone mainly using swords and hand-to-hand combat.

    Hmm, I'll have to re-read Prototype to figure out who this character is! Unless it's the girl from The Door, which, technically, isn't a part of the Prototype collection, but IS very much connected to the same universe. Anyway, I hear, you Jessie! So-ryu and Isana would have made an interesting couple. ;;;;;;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh foolish of me..... You're right, it's not technically Nabi The Prototype, just the same pre-setting, I just keep forgetting ==" And yeah, it's that girl... *cry*

      I didn't think of the character growth til now, thanks for your spot-on point! Yes, Ha-rim, Jeork-young, Ryu Sang, they all grew so much. I agree with you on why Seong want them to stop the fight too. Perhaps he thinks of Gyeom, how revenge and killing changed her, how hurt he was seeing her like that... Again a poor couple... ;_;

      The author once said about the setting of Nabi on a volume's inner cover. Lemme try translating it :-?

      "Now I'll reveal about the setting of "Nabi" to you. I built the series based on a hypothesis that The Industrial Revolution which happened in Europe, had also happened in Asia.
      Anyway, I've always drawn to my imagination and personal references, that's why the series had a weird setting of civilization, like many things could fly, yet many things people could't use..."

      Lol. it's weird, indeed xD

      Delete
    2. Nah, you're not foolish - it's nothing, really! I was just confused at first, trying to remember who I forgot about in Prototype, lol. Ah, I see... :( Maybe somebody will write So-ryu/Isana fan fic someday. ;;

      Seong's wisdom coming at a price. :'( Even though Harim is the eldest of the bunch, Seong feels much older, especially as a generally impartial outsider.

      Thanks so much!!! Oh, wow, so it IS steampunk, basically. This alternate history is so cool. *__* Thanks for making that extra effort to translate, sorry to trouble you!

      Delete
    3. Ehh no troubles at all! I've always collected those kinds of info and artwork about KYJ's series, yet never be sure where or when or even whether I should post them, lol.
      It is indeed cool, old conservative era of the East combined with tech advances of the West. Well if they had had some kind of telephone, things could have been less troublesome ahah.

      I still haven't lost all my hope about So-ryu and Isana. Fight So-ryu fight!!!! >_<

      Delete
  4. hahaha... No problem :D

    Cheers,
    Raff:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much pual and jessie,,, at first, I am a little bit confuse with the story, but when I read from the first chapter till the latest on your blog. I've started to love this manhwa,, it's different from another manhwa I've ever read. And once again, thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thank you for your response! So glad to hear of someone coming to love Nabi :x It's my favourite manhwa of all time, and yes it's so different; confusing too, that's why we discuss things here all the time, just join us if you want ^.^

      Delete
  6. Okay, not from The Prototype, but wow! I almost forgot about her. You think the girl is back to meet Isana? Is she the reason he refused So-Ryu? (I agree with you: I like to see the latter two as a pair^^)

    Yeok-Jeong surprised me, too, and I'm glad he got some screen time. He's always the cute little brother, but still standing on the sidelines. Therefore, people tend to forget that he saw his home burn, too, and has the same and many other scars as Myo-Un, Ryu-Sang and the others. To put him back into the spotlight was a good decision of the author, I think.

    I also liked Ryu-Sang's part. He's really grown a lot. And I would have loved to hear Myo-Un's thoughts on their fight. She's carrying Lady Howol's ashes, so she probably would have been able to say a lot. Also, Yeok-Jeong and Aru regard her somewhat as their substitute mother, I think. Elder sister, mainly, but also mother. He would have listened to her.

    It makes me wonder whether Aru will have a scene for herself, as well. And right now, I'm missing So-Ryu's thougths a bit. Though she had the past two or three volumes to herself, actually, so it shouldn't be too bad if she remains silent a bit longer.

    It's incredible how the author can write a scene and then, years and volumes later, return to it as if it was always meant that way. She must have an incredible talent for plot planning. I can barely remember what I ate four days ago.^^

    On a side note, has the author ever wrote a story with a happy ending for the main couple? I read Girl Queen and half of Platina, but neither seemed promising in that regard... I guess we'll just have to see.

    Once again, a huge thanks to you and Pual for translating and summarizing this manhwa!

    fiesa

    ReplyDelete