22 Oct 2015

A Tale of Felluah chap 38-39.


Hi everyone,

As requested, simultaneous updates between Nabi and PI.

I need some help first, can anyone pls tell me about this? Wikipedia tells me that "His Majesty" refers to the King, and "His Highness" refers to the (crown) Prince. "His Highness" isn't used for the King. Is it correct? Someone from a country which had or still has the royal family maybe, so can be sure about it? I want to prevent this mistake from future chapters.

Another matter, in PI vol.2, perhaps some of you noticed some 'strange' lines regarding Arthur and Orthez's marriage, Duke Tessa, Marquis Ricel, Prince Paris and the King's involvement. I tried to make sense of it at that time but failed. So I just asked Pual for help (as always :p), and this is his translation:


Duke Pano: "Arthur
Does the Duke of Tessa know?"

Arthur: "I think he will know sooner or later."

Duke Pano: "That's true. But what will he do when he finds out?
He could say that you guys were relatives so the marriage was invalid.
He would insist that since Orthez was still a virgin, it would be null."
He would just do so, and that was it."


Duke Pano: "It's a bit unpleasant that the King and the Marquis are added into this.
What are you going to do, now that the two father and son of the Eloison royal family are involved with you?"

--
"Does Duke Tessa know?" - about Arthur and Orthez haven't consummated their marriage, I guess?
"The King and the Marquis are added into this" - into Igraine's situation, Duke Pano surely knows about Igraine and Arthur.
"The two father and son of the royal family are involved with you" - in an awkward way, the King with Igraine, the Prince with Orthez. Arthur, you poor guy, lol.
--> Does it make things a bit clearer? :D


**
Okay done! Now, the new chapters.

A Tale of Felluah chap 38-39
- Translator: Pual -



Nox: "*snort* *snort*
Ugh, smell~
I should drop by a public bath house before getting home."


The carter: "Haha, is it a bath house or a bawdy house that you want to go?
A faithful man doesn't go to places like that, sir knight."

Nox: "Who knows?
I might won the favor of a Duke's daughter and would rise instantly...
Agnes who rose like that was killed by her father-in-law's hand."

The carter: "Yeah. Too bad. I heard she was incredibly beautiful.
By the way, it can just be my feeling, but you seem familiar."

Nox: "I'm a Felluah native."

**

The carter: "Oh, then maybe I'd seen you around before."
Nox: "Maybe."


"Huhh?!!"


"Nox-nim ~♥"





- "I saw it first."
- "I saw it first."
- "I took it first."
- "No, I took it first."

**

- "Look.
It's in my hand now.
Already
It's in my hand."


"Greetings, Countess.
Nox of the Pabina knights greets you."


"This was, actually

A story, started with Orthez and Nox met each other."




Nox: "Jules!"

Jules: "Nox!"


- "Came back without dying, Nox Asrealt."
- "Those twins are better when they're separated...."

Nox: "Larin! 
I came back! I came back alive!"

**

Larin: "Nox, you came back alone."
Nox: "Then should I bring some kind of family?"
Larin: "That's not my business.
Where is Loki?"

Nox: "Who?"
Larin: "Your horse.
A horse the Lord gave you, one of the finest horses in Felluah and a stud."

Nox: "...Ah..."
Larin: "Where is he?"
Jules: "Right. You said you would give me a foal if he bred."

Nox: "Then, shall I continue unpacking?"
Larin: "Nox."
Jules: "...Nox, you..."

Jules: "Did you eat him?!!"
Nox: "No, what kind of man do you think I am."

Larin: "Get him back."
Nox: "Sure."
Larin: "RIGHT NOW."

**

Nox: "Jules
Do you have some saving money?"

Jules: "You must be tired, rest well."


Nox: "*sob*"

Orthez: "Nice horse."

**

Nox: "Indeed, a nice horse."
Orthez: "Sell out to me."

Nox: "No."
Orthez: "Then, instead"


Orthez: "Sell that book to me."
Nox: "Your logic sounds awkward."
Orthez: "I don't care if it's awkward. Sell it."

Nox: "Doesn't the rhetoric of someone who loves books have issues quite much?"
Orthez: "I don't care if it has issues. Sell it."

**

Nox: "So as long as I have this book
You will keep visiting me?"

Orthez: "That book, the first edition of Lady Elise, is the only one in Tessa now.
How can I make you sell it?"

Nox: "...Well..."

**

Nox: "A man's wish to a Lady is, well..."

Orthez: "Oh."


Orthez: "Thinking about losing virginity for this, you're quite vulgar."
Nox: "Hey, what kind of man you think I am!"
Orthez: "I, shall sacrifice this one hand for Lady Elise."
Nox: "Whom do you see as someone desperate for women!"

Orthez: "Here, put your dirty mouth on this hand now!"
Nox: "I said I did not need it!"

"The birth of a Gag Duo?"


End chap 39.

****
Teaser for chap 40 :p

"Why did she marry to Felluah?
Why did Orthez choose Arthur Lapray?"

****

Hope eveyone enjoys!
Jessie.

31 comments:

  1. Hi!

    Thank you so much for these updates! I really appreciate it! :D I'd love to comment for the other manhwa too, but I'm afraid I'm too confused for that one to comment much for now. :( (Your summaries do make things clearer but I read the other volumes a while back, so I forget a lot of the details. Sorry about that! :( )

    Ah, I guess I'm biased because I'd rather not see Nox scenes. There does seem to be clear signs that she did marry there for Nox, and I do like how she didn't seem to instantly fall for him (ie she kept her cold attitude). However, I do find Nox to be terribly irresponsible like asking Jules for money? His carefree attitude can be good comedic relief, but I still find Nox to bug me. He's obNOXious to me. Forgive me. I just had to have a pun here.

    I really think that Arthur and Orthez have better chemistry. There's so much sexual tension as well as signs of love, whereas with Nox and Orthez, it's just . . . eh. I would actually prefer Orthez to have fallen for Jules. Jules is so funny and cute, especially when he is like a fan boy for that popular writer. ;)

    Looking forward to the next chapter though! Praying for more scenes with Arthur and Orthez! <3

    Thank you and Pual like always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Regarding Majesty and Highness, this might help: http://www.differencebetween.net/language/words-language/difference-between-majesty-and-highness/

    "Majesty" definitely implies a greater level, "majestic," etc.

    Okay, so is part of the chapter a flashback? Sometimes KYJ's scene transitions are a bit unclear. I see that Nox returned, but then he's already arguing/bantering with Orthez? That latter part was a flashback, right?

    Jules is so adorable, lol. I love Larin's expressions here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the link!! It really makes things clearer for me :D

      Yes the last pages of this chap is a flashback. You see Nox just got the book (later he sent it back to Felluah to Jules right? So Jules could lend it to Orthez - vol.6), and he still had his horse Lol. And Orthez mentioned "virgin", so probably she was still unmarried.

      Delete
    2. You're welcome!

      Ahhh, okay. Thanks for clearing that up!

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much Jessie and Pual!! (о´∀`о)

    I read some sites and it explained that His Highness can be used for anyone with royal rank or nobility. His Majesty might be only for the King. I hope that helps (>_<;;

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jessie and Pual <3 <3

    Thanks for the clarification regarding vol 2. So I think that was at the time when Arthur still has no intention to consulate the marriage yet.

    In vol 1 chp4 KYJ nim officially introduce the story by saying “The story begins with him and I, Arthur and Orthez meet… for now”. So chp 39 actually confirms our speculation that the story actually began with Nox meeting Orthez first.

    Chp38 reminds me of the time when Orthez was asking Authur if he disguised himself and met some attractive stranger… Judging from chp 39 Nox should have already found out Orthez’s real identity when she subsequently visited him again... questions and more questions haha


    I find that Lady Elize is very sharp when it comes to relationships, be it Igraine towards Arthur or Orthez and Nox, haha

    I wonder if Nox sold Loki to Orthez? Btw how can he not know his horse’s name when Jules and Igraine asked him haha or maybe he doesnt not want to remember and therefore sold Loki away to forget his first love?

    Mixed feelings for the last few scenes of chp 39. While I was really laughing hard at Orthez and Nox conversation, I cant help but wonder if Orthez really fell for Nox so much (then or subsequently),enough to lose her first time? :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice link drawn with the "The story begins..." lines!! Yea the author dropped some hints there, just her typical style lol.

      About Loki, I think it's not that Nox doesn't know his horse's name, but he jut pretend to be silly, because he sold the horse and it's kinda embarrassing right Lol. You know like when someone mention anything embarrassing you've done, you go like "Huh what is it I don't know anything like that" Lol.

      Eh I don't think Orthez did such thing... She is smart enough to know better... :s

      Delete
    2. Speaking of that chapter, what I can't forget is "I was born in Tessa. I lived there for 16 years and 8 months and LIVED IN FELLUAH FOR EVEN LONGER" so this makes me think nothing tragic is awaiting Orthez and that maybe she'll be with Arthur, or so I hope. And she kept saying in volume 1 that she will be faithful to Arthur. I don't take it as a word to convince herself but rather a statement or maybe a vow.

      I also have a feeling he sold (or maybe gave) Loki to Orthez.

      Thanks Jessie and Paul, so excited for the next chapter. And by the way, I read 16 volumes of Nabi in 2 days!! Yes, so hooked with KYJ. It's a whole lot confusing than PI though. (Sighs)

      Delete
    3. @ Jessie

      About Nox, I get what you meant. Haha, Nox was probably just pretending he had no idea what his horse name was to avoid the topic. LOL. I wonder if KYJ nim's style is starting to cause me read too deep into the characters and plot. haha.

      Oh as for Orthez, I didn't meant that she actually lose her first time to Nox, but more of how deep had she fell for Nox haha. I just hope she didn't fell for Nox that much before she married Arthur...

      Delete
    4. @Mai: Yes I remember that line too. So maybe in the end we'll see a middle-aged Orthez (:-s) telling this story for her kids/grandkids or something, like How I Met Your Mother style :))
      Her statement of being faithful though, Arthur once said it was like a swear that she would never love, not him, not another man to have an affair with. I kind of agree with him here...
      So glad to hear you like Nabi too!! Yea it's a lot more confusing, but that's what makes it great ^.^

      Delete
    5. @ToFOLA: Yea I got the same prob with KYJ's works, I read into every details lol, not that it's always accurate.
      I'm torn between Nox and Arthur tbh Lol. I really reallyyyy like Arthur, he's the ideal perfect husband every girl wants :"> and after Igraine I don't want his heart to be broken again.. On the other hand I love KYJ's unusual style and also don't want her work to be a typical shoujo T.T

      Delete
    6. I feel that Orthez meant she would be loyal to the marriage like what Arthur's parents did; no illegitimate child (LOL) would appear, but not spiritually...

      While I dont dislike Nox as of now, I am hopefully that true love between Orthez and Arthur would blossom eventually though. The fact that Orthez thought that she had thought so lightly of Arthur gave me hope somehow haha. Looking forward to see how Arthur would further surprise us :D Hope I am not too optimistic ><

      Delete
    7. @ Jessie

      Maybe this time round KYJ nim would give us a happy ending we hope for while incorporating other elements of surprises along the ways? =)

      Delete
  5. Thank you Jessie :D
    Your teaser for the next chapter... ugh is it real? Or are you teasing us for real lol. Great dynamic between Nox and Orthez, but maybe that's because Orthez is awesome she's great with anyone (even with Jules and Igraine). Now I'm really hoping for the epic heartbreak, and of course more scenes between Arthur and Orthez in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anyway... Agnes died? That Agnes of Tulsi? Huh, kinda random.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps I'm teasing you guys a little bit :p But it was indeed the lines on the cover/caption of chap 40. So it really is the author is teasing us lol.
      I agree, Orthez has great dynamic with anyone, even Jules and Igraine xD

      Hmm no, I don't think it's the same as Agnes of Tulsi. Totally different background right? Just the same/similar name...

      Delete
  7. Thank you for the update! I felt drawn toward the past between Nox and Orthez. Orthez definitely is a much deeper character than on the surface, and both she and Arthur are very smart (if not cunning), considering how they originally employ/interpret their marriage in a dissident way. I wish for Orthez and Arthur to fall for one another further, but at the same the thought of Orthez's true (first?) love was Nox really make me want to see how these two will interact with one another in the future (since both are now present in Fellua -> more development kyaaa!!) THanks again for sharing the work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the chapter and translation =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, Jessie actually I seldom reading manhwa but i found pellua ilyagi and your blog from raffmanga. and this manhwa really good. I love it !!! Thank you very much *sorry English not my first language

    ReplyDelete
  10. the i saw it first i saw it first look now it's in my hand part killed me!!!!
    nox!!!!
    i somehow really like him despite myself being a biased AxO defense squad (laugh)
    thank you as always J and P!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG thank you for clarifying the connection! I still think that Nox is the reason why Orthez married Arthur... OH GOSH PLEASE NO!!

    Thanks a bunch J and P!! saranghae!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks a lot for the pictures and translation!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you Pual and Jessie for the fast translations and scans of Pelluah XD

    At least now its crystal clear what Arthur and the Duke of Pano were talking about in Volume 2, I read it that time and it was vague to me the issue on what the Duke of Tessa should know (I thought at that time it was Ingraine being Arthur's lover or ex-lover, now I see it was regarding consummation of marriage hahaha!)

    I know a lot of people don't wanna see Nox and Orthez past but as for me I'm excited because it will bring more depth to Orthez as a character, Nox too. We already know that Orthez is smart, beautiful and rich, everything for her is so perfect as Arthur described but bringing up Nox and Orthez past, I was hoping there is more beyond her perfect world and Nox, although he appears shallow when they first met, he is sharp in my opinion and I hope he didn't just like Orthez because of her pretty face. I'm also curious on why he led or introduced Orthez to Felluah, I'm also assuming at that time Nox's knew of Arthur being broken hearted because of Ingraine or was Ingraine and Arthur still at a relationship at that time?

    Well anyway, again so much love and thanks to you two ^____^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This bring a bunch of other interpretation, what if Nox did all this for Arthur and give her the idea of marriage to the Earl of Pelluah?

      Delete
  14. Thank you so much for making this blog and all the update information!!!
    I was so happy when found this and really appreciate what you guys've shared!
    And there's one thing I would like to ask, I would love to translate your blog into my language so that Nabi's fandom in my place can get to know more about this series. Please let me know if I can ^^ I promise to give full credit to you. Many thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's the link of the fanpage: https://www.facebook.com/NabiTheButterfly/?fref=ts ^^

      Delete
    2. Hi, sorry for a late reply. Feel free to use my posts, you just need to credit "Translator: Pual. Raw & Proofreader: Jessie. And the link to this blog." :)
      We're from the same country ;) Glad to meet someone who also love Nabi and on #TeamKira around here.

      Delete
  15. Thank you very much for all the update...
    I love this manga and you are the only one who provide new chapters
    I thought Orthez choose Arthur because he is a decent man I did not know about Nox anyway what ever the reason it will show soon
    Thank you again and I found your blog from our lovely Raff manga:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I bet the white horse we see Orthez ride all time is that very same Loki! Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  17. nox and orthez, who would have thought.

    ReplyDelete