24 Sept 2015

Nabi vol.19 part 1 - Chap 36: The last lie (Hollow).


Hi everyone,

Man there are a lot of things I want to say.

Firstly, Korean copies are superb. I purchased some Japanese original copies before and their quality was really nice. This is the first time I did with the Korean ones, they are even better. The quality of the cover, colored artwork, papers, and printing, all are amazing. Therefore, a familiar encouragement: if you love the series, please buy the hard copies to support the author if possible. Holding those excellent copies is a real pleasure, even if we can't read Korean.

Secondly, the Korean God granted my wish and brought me a Korean translator: Yang-sshi, or let's call him Pual :p He's just brilliant! I couldn't ask him to translate all the volume with about 160 pages, so I only sent him the important parts (in my opinion), figured we could do some educated guesses with the rest. Hence, he got some random pages in the middle of vol.19 (yay stupid me T_T), while he never read Nabi before, and we all know how vague and confusing Nabi's story line is. But what did he do? He gave me the translating which was 100% accurate with the story. It also took him from 7pm to 4am to do it. I can't thank you enough Pual. Hope everyone can spend a minute to leave a thank-you to him too :)

Lastly, I said it before I had no intentions of providing HQ scans. I respect RH so much for what they do, hence want to wait for their releases, for both translating and scanning aspects. Therefore, while I'm posting all the pages, because we're gonna have to do some guess works, there's no HQ and no scans, just pictures like always, for the purpose of catching up only.

Ok let's start :D And pls don't forget to leave some responses for me and especially for the translator.


Nabi vol.19 part 1
Chap 36: The last lie (Hollow)
- Translator: Pual -




Jeork-young: "....Ah...
Is that it?"

**

Ha-rim: "Lady So-ryu.
They are coming."





The Captain: 
"That cunning little girl."

The ship crew: 
"Checking area for landing.
Area clear. Landing now."


The Captain: 
"There is a saying
[The plan in the silk bag]
The three bags that Zhuge Kongming gave Liu Bei in case of emergency. (*)
But, in the bag that Lady Son gave me
"Come to the place described below when the war starts."
And

**

The Captain: " 'Prepare some clothes
including ones for young girls' "

So-ryu: "Was tired of drawing the same clothes, she said."

The Captain: "Who? (**)
I really...
took this bag as a very important thing that Lady Son gave me.
Like if it's my only last hope...
Then it was just for this!
I was a mere deliver guy!

So-ryu: "Then why you didn't ignore it."

The Captain: "But that was what you gave to me? Couldn't I ignore it? Right? Huh?"



(*) Zhuge Kongming and Liu Bei: 2 very well-known people in medieval Chinese history, the "Three Kingdoms" period.
[The plan in the silk bag] is a famous story about them.

(**) The author. LOL.



So-ryu: "By the way,
What some lavish clothes for ladies like us."

The Captain: "I don't have any other kind because I'm not ascetic! (*)
And
What the hell those things are!"

**

Ryu Sang: "Hey.
Put those bothering things away!
What's the purpose of it when you're like that anyway!"

The Captain: "Why should I let those Shan Clan board on my ship? They tried to blow up my ship before! You knew it too!"

So-ryu: "Then why didn't you not to."

The Captain: "But you said you would be with them!"

So-ryu: "I didn't know that you cared about me that much.
Though I forgot about you completely..."


(*) Guess our Lady So-ryu and Lady Myo-un have a more sophisticated style of clothes ^_^ comparing to the captain's style which is, well, short and open. lol.



The Captain: "You,
Do you even know it?
That they were the ones who told the Emperor about your fortune telling!
I suppose you're saving them, despite of that?"

So-ryu: "Of course. I'm a fortune teller."

The Captain: "Screw you. I see your eyes trembling!"

**

So-ryu: "No, they're not!"

The Captain: "Ah, forget it. I'll take you to a safe place as a gesture of gratitude to your family.
I'm a merchant who knows about friendship and trust."

So-ryu: "Even if it's not for me, you have to do it."

The Captain: "What?"

So-ryu: "Because they are
Students of Sung Ho-wol."


The Captain: "What?"

So-ryu: "Did you forget? This ship,
It originally belonged to Ho-wol, your aunt.
So you should"

**

So-ryu: "Take us to Mun country.
Fortunately,
Ho-wol is boarding on this ship too."



So-ryu: "You're a person who knows about friendship and trust, aren't you?
Choi-sul, aren't you?"

Ryu Sang: "... Is it just my feeling?
I feel like I have been on this ship before..."

**

The Captain: "I suddenly came to a thought,
That readers can't remember me, I guess?
Like, where the hell does this woman come from?"

So-ryu: "...Well... I, too, completely forgot about you, Choi-sul."

So-ryu: "Choi-sul is a weapon dealer who first appeared in vol.7, then for a short time in vol.8, and recently in vol.15 for a few scenes."

The Captain/Choi-sul: "Isn't this vol.19? How could this happen? How dare someone use me like this?"

So-ryu: "Why not? Apparently you have lived very well."

Choi-sul: "Hey."

Myo-un: "So, this is a short explain about her"


(The author is just... LOL.)


Myo-un: "What...
Did you mean?"


Myo-un: "about what my teacher did..."

So-ryu: "Sung Ho-wol
Made lots of money by selling weapons"

Myo-un: "...uhh..."

So-ryu: "In your temple,

**

So-ryu: "How many people lived in there?
How many of them went out to earn money?
Neither the millionaire, nor running a business. (Pual's not sure about this sentence, I can't guess either)
Where did it come from, those frugal but peaceful life?"


Lady Ho-wol: "You want to hear a secret story?
I, too, had done lots of sinful deed when I was young.
Caused the death of numerous lives
Made lots of money from it,
Giving help to others in foreign land now."

**

Myo-un: "Did you harm people to make money?"

Lady Ho-wol: "Of course not. Didn't even need to do that.
You may know it too. the Sung family from Su country,
Had power that even the Emperor could not look down on"

Myo-un: "Then, why..."

Lady Ho-wol: "I don't know either."


Lady Ho-wol: "Why I...
lived like that?"

So-ryu: "If it is that easy to break your respect"

**

So-ryu: "Then probably her life was just worth that much."

Lady Ho-wol: "Myo-un
came from the sky."


Lady Ho-wol: "So your name is Myo-un (Beautiful Cloud)"

Background text: "'If it is that easy to break your respect
Then probably her life was just worth that much."

**

"Get out of this house
Get out and survive. Just focus on it for now"

Background text: "You are children among millions that I found, embraced.
I'll embrace you again, so...

Let's meet again alive,
I would never forget...
I would go look for...

... For couldn't protect you until the last moment..."


"...I'm sorry..."

**

"Eh?"



"Like snow, the scattering petals
The touching hands of friends"

**

"The road of flower that once walked with the one you love
Blooms kindly once more."



Ryu Sang: "What the hell."

Little So-ryu: "How dare you sleep now?"

Ryu Sang: "Huh?"

Little So-ryu: "I said, how dare you sleep now!
Do you think that you are boarding on airliner or something?"

Ryu Sang: "What the hell are you talking about?"

Little So-ryu: "They are coming!"

Ryu Sang: "Coming what?"

Little So-ryu: "WINTER IS COMING!" (*)

Ryu Sang: "What?"

Little So-ryu: "Sul is coming!" (*)


(*) Pual tells me this is a pun. "Sul", in the captain's name "Choi-sul", means "snow". So "Sul is coming" is close to "Winter is coming", yet "WINTER IS COMING" is also a reference to the series Game of Thrones. LOL.




The soldier: "She's not here."

**

Choi-sul: "...That fortune teller...
...though a mere rat in the trap."

So-ryu: "Whether being a rat in the trap
or being a rat breaking the trap,
is depending on my choice."


Ryu Sang: "It doesn't even make sense while you're on his back like that!" (LOL)

So-ryu: "Hmpf."

Ryu Sang: "You, did you know already? That we will get back stabbed here?"

So-ryu: "Of course I did, I'm a fortune teller."

Ryu Sang: "Hey, hey, you're over already! Screw you!"

**

Seong: "It's too high to jump down.
And too dark to see below."

Ryu Sang: "Can't believe that we are trapped by ourselves."

Jeok-young: "Big brother, lots of steps heading to here."

Seong: "Why can't human beings fly?"

Ryu Sang: "What kind of bullshit you are saying in this situation?"

Myo-un: "...You...
You are aiming at something else, right?"


Myo-un: "From the beginning,
You aimed at this ship, right?"

So-ryu: "Of course, because I'm going to be the pirate king." (*)

Ryu Sang: "Shut up!"


(*) Another reference. "I'm going to be the pirate king" probably refers to the manga One Piece.


The maid: "Shouldn't we decide where we're heading to?
Whether head to Su,
Or Mun?"


Choi-sul: "Even though I really want to ask So-ryu that who will get the hegemony
Only it wasn't that easy."




Choi-sul: "We're going to Su."

The maid: "Yes."

Choi-sul: "After offering the best of the best
Shall we ask for some privilege?
Bring her to me safely."

**

Choi-sul: "Not even a scratch.
It doesn't matter what happens to the rest of them.

The maid: "Yes."



End this post.
Next: Chap 36 [continue]
****

Working with raws is lots more difficult, and posting all the pages is time consuming, I can't finish one chapter in one post.
I like So-ryu and Ryu Sang's interactions, she really drives him crazy LOL.

Hope everyone likes this post.
Jessie.

13 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for summary Jessie!! you didn't update for a while I thought you stopped :( I only went to read this now.
    To the translator: thank you so so much too for doing this. I'm very thankful :D
    I hope the best for you both :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course I wouldn't stop ^_^ just waiting for the volumes to arrive. Thanks so much for your kind response I hope all the best for you too :x

      Delete
  2. Ohmygosh Jessie! Thanks a lot for your hard work! I would like to thank Pual too for taking the time to translate. :) I love this!
    The author is so funny!! (^__^)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that you love this. Your response means a lot to me and probably Pual too. Thank you kind anon ^_^

      Delete
  3. this is an intermezzo as i am catching up with all the summaries you and Pual did (big thanks to both of you for your wonderful works)

    but i can't imagine Syo Ryu as pirate king. as a big fan of One Piece, i can't see Syo Ryu handle her crew like Luffy though the part where she keep messing with Ryusang kinda remembering me about Usopp vs Luffy LOL i think Syo Ryu will be a good substitute to Nico Robin of One Piece XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't catch the references at first because I didn't read GoT (hate it) and One Piece (not a big fan of shounen) ahah. Yet this part made me curious so I just bought OP vol.1-2 to try it out. I'll tell you later if I find any character So-ryu resemble, because right now I can't imagine her on a pirate ship either lol.

      Delete
    2. ahahaha, me too, even GoT has the kingdom theme with all the intriques, it doesn't appeal me to read them.

      hoho not a big fan of shounen also here, but i can't help to fall in love, hard, with some of shounen since they are really good and one piece is one of them. if you only try to read OP 2 volumes, you will only meet Luffy and Zorro there as the main crew of Luffy, not even close to Nico Robin that i said before LOL but i am sending my big cheers for you to continue read them XD

      Delete
    3. I love some shounen, like HxH, YuYuHakusho, RurouniKenshin, BlackCat and the likes... Haven't read fully some very popular ones like Naruto and OP though, cause they're too long =( But I read some really good reviews about OP, and now from you too :p so I'll try to continue ahaha.
      Just hope that it's not "too" good then it'll make me fall in love and do crazy things like things I've done with KYJ's manhwa Lol.

      Delete
    4. hahaha i've read all of those comics that you mention there except HxH, i heard that they are really good but i still have no interest, their big theme is catching monster, isn't it? do you think i should try to read HxH? i've read another "catching monster" shounen named claymore and i like it very much, is it give the same vibe?

      well, the only popular shounen i just follow diligently is OP and i will wait around every 20 chapters before i am catching up since reading 1 chapter of OP is never enough for me, hehe.. i hope it will suit your preference :))

      well, if you do fall hard for OP, i'm ready to welcome you to the club LOL but really, i admire your dedication for KYJ's manhwa :))

      Delete
    5. No HxH is awesome and it's not about catching monsters :p Hmm let me see, the first arc is about getting through a series of tests to pass the "Hunter" exam. It is brilliant because it's not only about power and physical strength but also using brain and intelligence as well. I love anything with intelligent aspect so I really love it :3 Then other arcs just get more and more brilliant! Too bad it isn't finished and always on "hiatus" so I stopped after the arc about the Ant King. But I think it's enough for a great series already.

      I finished OP vol.6 and need to go buy the next volumes now lol. Luffy's straight face and attitude is hilarious lol. It's exciting so far, with lots of hints about how great the "Grand Line" will be. Can't wait to reach to there xD

      Delete
  4. why did i cant visit the live page???i had to cached this link!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you SO MUCH! I've been searching for Fellulah raws and could find none. Today I'm catching up and end up reading the latest Nabi posts too. Once again thank you so much for your and Pual hardwork for us. We-the readers- are so grateful for the time spent for you to translate all of this. So thanks! Looking forward to the next posts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow :) That is some kind of plot progression. Thank you for posting the pages, again, and a big thank you to the kind translator, too!

    So if I gathered correctly Myo-Un, Ryu-Sang and the others wanted to go back home (to Mun country?) but the Captain (ha, ha, really, Winter is coming? Sometimes I think the author's comments and hints are a bit bothersome, but this one I liked a lot) wants to take them back to Su. Maybe, with "hegemony", she meant the inheritance of the crown? You mentioned before the Crown Prince was too young to rule and the queen had all the power, so does she want to deliver Ryu-Sang to the queen?

    I didn't realize before that the Captain was Sabu-Nim's niece. But the fact that they were related in some way was definitely mentioned before (or I gathered it from the prior appearances of the air ship and her captain, as Ryu-Sang so kindly summarized, she did appear before already *laugh*)

    I miss Gyeom. Ah, I know she's dead, but still. I was waiting for so many years between The Prototype and her appearance in Nabi in order to learn more about her, and then she goes and sacrifices herself. It was funny, Seong trying to cast Ha-Rim in her role in the last volume (I think), with his little hint at the many stars...

    fiesa

    ReplyDelete