5 Sept 2015

Nabi vol.17 part 1 - Chap 32: Reverie.


Hi everyone,

As promised, this is vol. 17 summary. I read vol.18 and it explains some, not all, of this volume confusion. My take is vol.17 only gives us all the headlines, vol.18 (and 19...) will state the contexts and details later. So don't worry even if things don't make sense yet. One thing I can tell, vol.18 is very exciting, the story line will take a big leap!!

Btw Royal Hearts just released 5 parts of vol.15 and 16, have you checked? RH is awesome! After reading and comparing to the English version, I'm relieved that my interpreting and translating weren't wrong. What do you guys think after reading those chapters fully? I'd be more than happy to hear some thoughts.

OK let's start:

Nabi vol.17
Chap 32: Reverie.
[Improved]

Pls check the parts with blue texts and new pages for improvement.


p.1-7: *artworks*

p.8-19: Everything's back to the real world. Little Ryu Sang was saved by the Lady, young Ha-young was kidnapped, little So-ryu saved Ha-rim, Han-ah was brought the Son family.

p.20-21: The guys at the Temple, Ryu Sang, Jeok-young, Dol-sue.... are talking about what they wanna do in the future.

p.22-25:
(Vol.17 is the hardest one to summarize, so again, all the pages it is T.T)






p.26-27:

"Perhaps I'm not afraid of being dead.

But afraid of being forgotten.
I really want to be loved.

Because I want to be loved
I hate being forgotten.

I keep going against the flow of time.

But I myself is the one who don't know what love is,
so there's no love anywhere.

There just can't be.

My life is really meaningless.

Like a mayfly to be born just to die quickly,
I'm going to disappear in vain and void."


p.28-67:






















p.68-69:

"A scholar somewhere
once tried to weigh the human soul.

In this day and age when there's no clear boundaries between science and religion, it's not a strange thing to do.

They assumed that, when people die, if there's is anything as a soul, it will get out of the body.
So they weighed some nearly-dead people, before and after they died.
They calculated the weight of a soul was 21 grams.

Such a nonsensical experiment.
21 grams, a ridiculous number."


p.70:

"I am only 21 grams.
I am about to enter a strange world with a feather-light body.
I am nothing.
But a mere useless lightly thing."



p.71-72: *artworks*


p.73- 77: 

"The day the sky fell apart
The Emperor of Su was going to die.
He would be the last Emperor of the Empire.

The Emperor's airship
crashed.
Su's soldiers seek for those who assassinated their King
by bombarded with vindictive hatred.

Those bombing happened everywhere on the borderline with Mun country.

The war started..."


p.78-79:

"And ended quickly.

The world became quiet.
The world where I'm only 21 grams."

p.80-83:




p.84-85:

"In this harsh world.
Rejoice-Anger-Love-Hatred (*), all meaningless.

Like the body will get weakened then die.
Like the planet gets older and olders.
Everything is nothingness."


p.86-89: The lost So-ryu stands alone in her empty world.

"Everything is illusion.
This world is too big.
No memories, no pains.
A meaningless world.

I'm meaningless too.
I couldn't do anything. Maybe that's why I kept running back to the past."
But it's pointless wherever I ran,
I couldn't, also didn't do anything,
in this beautiful world.

What do I have to want, have to hope for?
Hey, So-ryu!
Hey, cruel world!
You tell me, what do I have to do now?"


(*) This is a Chinese expression (man the author just loves Chinese old stuff...) [喜怒愛惡] to describe the basic emotions of every human being. It also means "human" or "life", contextually, because humans cannot be humans, nor can get through life without those emotions.
The full expression is 7 emotions: Rejoice-Anger-Love-Hatred-Woe-Happiness-Pleasure.


End chap 32..
Next: Vol.17 part 2 - Chap 33: Heaven.


Hope everyone enjoy this chapter,
Jessie.

15 comments:

  1. I'm so confused right now.. Hopefully the next chapter will clear it up. thanks for doing this by the way! you have no idea how helpful you are! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you too for all your nice comments <3 Vol.18 will clear it up a bit, or I hope :p

      Delete
  2. Thank you sooo much for creating this blog...thanks Jessie^^
    I'm hardly find anywhere about nabi,,
    such a lucky your country get published nabi and thanks again you want share it with us..
    I'm became more confused after reading this spoiler but I'm happy, cause in this volume, the story already back to "original" world,
    I wan to ask...so after "if" world, Myu On get her memory from the "if" world too in the "original" world?
    I hope you can continue until nabi end or after,, I'm rarely used social media or etc, I dont have blog or other,,and I will try hard to make comment or respon to discuss nabi ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it went back to the original world too ^^ 2 volumes of "what if" scenarios is a long detour.
      Regard your question, no I don't think anyone got their memories from the alternative worlds, except for So-ryu. Myo-un won't know that Ryu Sang loves her LOL. But I think it'll be more interesting because we may get to see Ryu Sang confesses/kisses Myo-un in the real world !!!!
      I'll try to continue as long as I can. Thank you a lot for your support, especially when you rarely use social media. <3

      Delete
  3. Once again thanks for this update! Yeah it really is confusing, but reading from your previous post at least it's back to the original world :D

    Ohmygosh even though those chapters uploaded by Royal Hearts were mostly So-Ryu, like you said, she's a pretty big part of the story - I really love the moments with Myo-un and Ryu Sang especially when he comes to her injured and finally says it :P (don't want to ruin it haha for others) But that made me goo AHHHH \(>_<)/
    I literally went back and forth from that page :D

    I did have some questions, I'm not entirely sure if you have answered this one but in the alternative world where Myo-un is still included, Ryu Sang does ask what her name was... and it shows nothing in between of her saying it to him. However near the end, When the lost So-Ryu comes to look for him, he seems to like understand what to do and says see you again and goobye to 'MYO-UN.' . I was like whaat. So Ryu Sang is aware who she is!? Or is that strong love Ryu Sang has for Myo-un? ;) no matter what alternative universe I see.

    Overall, I'm so thankful to you Jessie! ^_^ amazing job. Spectacular. You know, I don't actually ever read the same manga/manhwa ever again although Nabi and A Tale of Felluah are the only exception ( what coincidence they are by the same author/artist) haha therefore I would just like to say again, how appreciative I am for what you do ^_^

    Thanks again, and can't wait to do more discussion!! P.s sorry if I don't comment too much, I'll try to haha but I feel like I'm the person that rereads your post over and over again, increasing your reading views haha
    hope to hear from you soon! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, sorry to jump in but i think i have the answer why ryusang call hayoung myoun in the first alternative story ^^

      Based on vol 16 part 1 that RH published it, i think little syoryu tell ryusang about myoun as well, since in this story, myoun only has 1 name, hong ha young, and if you notice when ryusang call her myoun, myoun didn't notice that he is trying to call her first and she only turned to ryusang side because there is only two of them. This is my guess, but let's wait for what Jessie thought about this ^^

      Delete
    2. I agree with rafa ^^ Little So-ryu has been with Ryu Sang since the beginning of both AU so she might tell him about Myo-un. Myo-un didn't recognize that he was calling for her as rafa said.

      But I'm also a big fan of romance :"> so I'd like to think that was because of his strong feelings for her too, like you do. I can't help but notice the scene when he was inside the room and she was sitting outside the door is very similar to Nabi The Prototype (when he's injured, she's worried but afraid to see him, so she only sits outside of the room, and he wakes up seeing her shadow through the door). I think it's the author's intention. No matter which world, things still happen in a similar way, people still have the same feelings towards each other, and who are meant to be together will be together ^.^

      I totally understand your feelings about RyuSang&Myo-un's moments as I did the same thing with every SUBTLE hints of their relationship from vol.1 to 14 too. The less the author shows it, the more we're dying to see right LOL. KYJ-nim did a very good job of slowly teasing us xD

      Thank you a lot for your support and can't wait to have more discussion with you :D

      Delete
    3. Ohmy I see, I see. That makes total sense! Thanks for clearing that up Rafa and Jessie :D

      Yes I fully agree and ohmygosh Ryu Sang sometimes just acts like a little boy being mean to the person he loves <3 so cute though!

      And no worries, keep up the good work, excited to read your latest post ^_^

      Delete
  4. Thank you for this summary Jessie. Off to read the second part ^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for your summary ^^
    I feel pity for So-ryu. All she wants is being loved. Her actions are wrong, but I feel like she is just a little girl who selfishly hold onto the only thing there for her. How ironic that her little self is more mature than current her :)
    Sometimes I feel that it is so unfair, like Myo-un has almost everything, Ryu-sang's love, Harim follows her, the prince supports her...I just wish in the end So-ryu will have something for her too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You, the only one who dares say something to compare So-ryu to Myo-un :p I love your point! Yeah it's always like that in manga/manhwa somehow, the main protagonist who has (almost) everything, the second lead who has nothing... I always feel bad for the second ones :(
      That's why I'm on Team Make-Soryu-and-Isana-a-couple!! xD Imagine how nice and sweet it will be!

      Delete
  6. Hello! I accidentally found your blog about Nabi. Unfortunately, I can't really understand Volume 15-16 so I searched some summaries and then found this. Thank you so much for the summaries. I usully dont like spoilers but since I want to understand Nabi, can you please explain me the Volume 15-16.

    If my understanding is correct, is Volume 15-16 about some parallel world from So Ryu's dream in perspective of Ha Young/Myo un? If that is so.no need to explain to me. Well I really like this story. It gives me wanting to read more and more .

    By the way, I ship Ryu Sang and Myo Un :) Ahh what a cute couple :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi yuuki. I did summaries for vol.15-16 as well, did you check my old posts in August? And this is my explaining and trying to answer some questions: http://nabi-manhwa.blogspot.com/2015/08/some-thoughts-on-vol16.html Hope it's helpful to you ^^

      Delete
  7. Your work here is really amazing.

    I usually waited for RH to release the next chapters (I don't know how long I've been following Nabi until today, but it has to be something like 10 years since The Prototype was published in my country? >.<) but I stumbled across your blog and I suddenly wanted to know how it continued.

    First off, I have to say: your work here is amazing. The fact that you take the time to read, translate and summarize the chapters is (hopefully) really, really appreciated by the readers of your blog. It's almost impossible to get information on the author's manhwas and their progress. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for all the hard work you're taking upon yourself!

    I'm only slowly getting across what is happening in Vol 15-17. I think your interpretations are solid and especially like the separation between the lost So-Ryu and the "normal" one, I hadn't seen it that way and it does cause a lot of confusion. It makes more sense if there are two So-Ryu's acting in this whole mess, one of them whispering and influencing the So-Ryu in the normal timeline, prompting her to change the time so Ryu-Sang is with her forever, and another one, who would do anything to keep Ha-Rim alive. It was one of the things that I found strange: that she cares so much about Ha-Rim, but that she wants Ryu-Sang by her side so desperately.

    I feel sorry for her. She's been influenced and twisted by her upbringing, her fate and her abilities and lost herself, and nobody cares about her enough to be by her side.

    It seems like she even fears Hana's memory if she dreams of her killing her? Or was it a vision?

    Also, I think that was Star (Seong) in that one panel in this chapter, wasn't he, either attacking or protecting? It was a bit confusing: So-Ryu seems to dream of Hana killing her, then she wakes and Ryu-Sang attacks, and then suddenly Myo-Un, Ha-Rim and Star all are there? You are right, this volume seems very, very confusing.

    Once again, thank you so much for your work here!

    fiesa

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG THANK YOU, I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!! this is really help me, i love this story so much that i can cry then there you are :(((

    ReplyDelete