7 Sept 2015

Nabi vol.17 part 2 - Chap 33: Heaven.



Hi everyone,

This is the second half of vol.17. This part is full of Myo-un and Ryu Sang's cute moments, for real, not in an alternative world ^.^ I wonder what brought the change in Ryu Sang so suddenly.


Nabi vol.17 part 2
Chap 33: Heaven.
[Improved]

Pls check the parts with blue texts for improvement.

p.92-100: Ryu Sang and Myo-un are running from the guards.
(As posted in the spoilers post, this scene is very sweet!!!! The author also has a cute way to remind us that we're back to the main story after a looong detour.)

Ryu Sang: "Hey wake up. Why have you been like half-asleep?"
Myo-un: "Ah, uh..."
Ryu Sang: "If Son Seok-myoung catches you this time, he'll kill you for sure."
Myo-un: "I know.
I know it."



Myo-un: "I just feel like there's something not right.
Ah... so hard to describe it."
Ryu Sang: "What do you mean..."

Ryu Sang: "Do you feel better now?"





p.101-107: Ryu Sang and Myo-un meet Jeork-young and Ah-ru.

Jeork-young: "Ryu Sang-hyung!
I know that you're gonna be fine. Such a bless!"

Ryu Sang: "...Uh..."

(well if you're wondering, Jeork-young suddenly got so grown-up Ryu Sang doesn't really recognize him lol.)

Myo-un: "Jeork-young!
Ah-ru told me. You have had to take care of her all by yourself?"

Jeork-young: "Nuna..."

Myo-un: "Oh? Maybe it's long time no seeing you, you look a bit different?

Ryu Sang: *It's not 'a bit'!*

Jeork-young: "I got taller did I?"

Ryu Sang: *Not at all!*

Myo-un: "I heard you had to work outside to earn money. Must be very harsh on you.
Let's go. I'll make some good food for you."

Jeork-young: "Ah! I love it!"

Ryu Sang: *......*

(LOL. This is just a funny scene.)


p.108-115: Seong talks about how his Shan clan and Ah-ru's Dal clan are sworn enemies. But he's very nice to Ah-ru, and makes Ryu Sang jealous lol.




p.116-118: 

Seong: "Ah....
So many stars."
Ha-rim: *says nothing*
Seong: "Ha-rim, there are so many stars."
Ha-rim: "Sorry. I don't know how to respond to that."
Seong: "You just need to smile."
Ha-rim: "You crazy?"

Jeork-young: "Ryu Sang-hyung, who are they?"
Ryu Sang: *It's who are you?!*


p.119-120: *artwork*

p.121-133: Myo-un dreams of the scene when she kills So-ryu in the bamboo forest (this scene has been repeated several times, reread previous volumes if you don't remember). She wakes up scared because the dream feels so real.

"Although it was just memory...
I still felt like a blade cutting into the flesh...
into the bones...

The sound of the wind blowing.
The sound of bamboo forest dancing with the wind.

And

So-ryu's head on the ground.

Perhaps it was me who chopped it...

The green bamboo forest dyed in red...

If it was a dream, why it could feel so strangely real.
If it was real, then why the feeling was dreadfully strange.

But even in a dream, the feeling on the sword was just like goosebumped.
Those sound and those emotion..."


p.134-152: (I have no idea how to summarize this part so I'm just gonna post all the pages.)










p.152: "It was only a dream. But even when you wake up, it's not so easy to get out."


(*) Zhuangzi's butterfly dream - a very famous philosophical story. Pls read wiki for more info.


End vol.17.
Next: Vol. 18 part 1 - Chap 34: War.






Vol.18 is exciting and will clear things up *a little*. I'll try to post it tomorrow ^^
Jessie.


8 comments:

  1. Jessie, thank you so much for the summary, i love ryusang-myoun cute moments!! <3

    And thank you for posting the pictures for part you don't know to summarize them, that way we can have our own interpretation and wait for next volumes to find the answer together ^^

    You are amazing, Jessie ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that moment of Seong teasing Myo-Un there, lol.

    Hmm, plenty of interesting development. Thanks so much for the scans/translations, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much..! love it

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The story about being an insect and you see your own self through insect's eyes have been showed before in some other manga. If I remember correctly I've seen a related story in Tenjou Tenge, but bug was used not Butterfly. Although the concept is the same but the thing about, "But even when you woke up, you still couldn't get out", is the mystery here. Is she losing her grip on reality? or does she want to abandon the real world/life itself? She's losing attachment in the loveless world she lives in.
    But wait. Seems like the differen alternate world is converging. There's a leak. If what little Soh-ryu said at their first meeting to little Ha-young is valid (that Myo-un will be the one to find her), this might be it! She's slowly realizing what's happening with Soh-ryu and maybe, just maybe come to conlusion of either:
    1) End up killing Soh-ryu just like the dream she saw in the bamboo forest, or;
    2) She'll be the one to save her. Help her out of her misery..

    I greatly root for Myo-un you see. I have high hopes for her, that she's the most righteous of them - a guide.. That she'll be able to do the right thing.. And I really wish she becomes like what I expect for her. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I also think Myo-un will have a big role here. The author wouldn't make her one of the two leads for nothing. (Myo-un and So-ryu are 2 lead characters of Nabi I believe.) Ryu Sang can "see" So-ryu, Ha-rim is the one who will "destroy" her, or else Isana can marry her and give her a normal life. Surely Myo-un's role will be more important than that. Like I wrote in my other comment, I think So-ryu has plans, she tries, she fails, so she kills herself and becomes lost. That's when Myo-un will come and find her, get her out of her misery. Myo-un is also the one who seems to realize something wrong/happening with their world. C'mon Myo-un, let sort this whole mess out, I believe in you \m/

      I have no idea what the butterfly dream and "couldn't get out" thing means though. Not sure I translated it right either T_T because it's very vague even in native language. Maybe it's more like "couldn't get out easily" or "couldn't get it out of your head". Just ambiguous. I'm really not sure, so sorry :(

      Delete
    2. Just a passer by to answer for the bug part of the question. The concept of 'seeing through insect's eyes' as you have described is actually concept from 莊周夢蝶 -Jang Juh Mong Jub by Zhuangzi (a Chinese philosopher).

      He wrote "Once upon a time, I, Chuang Chou, dreamt I was a butterfly, fluttering hither and thither, to all intents and purposes a butterfly. I was conscious only of my happiness as a butterfly, unaware that I was Chou. Soon I awaked, and there I was, veritably myself again. Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man."

      From previous chapters we can see that So-ryu is having trouble in her own identities cause she's 'dreaming' in the future too much and the author illustrates this very well through various scenes.

      That's where all this concept of butterfly came from (so using 'butterfly' is more sticking to the original philosophy by Zhuangzi).

      Finaly, NABI is Korean word for butterfly and thus the title of this manwha.

      Delete
  6. I think ryu sang start changing when he though myo un is dead cause she didnt drink her medicine and that time he cried...... Or maybe xDD

    ReplyDelete