8 Sept 2015

Nabi vol.18 part 1 - Chap 34: War.



Vol.18 summary. I'll try to make it as detailed as I can manage, since I think every scene in this volume has its meaning.
Btw, a colored artwork is included in the hard copy again (it stopped at vol.12), so pretty right ^.^ It's even more gorgeous IRL!! *blame my crappy camera*


Nabi vol.18 part 1 
Chap 34: War


p.1- 4: *artwork*

p.5-7:
"Don't know,
it was Zhuangzi dreaming he was a butterfly,
or the butterfly dreaming it was Zhuangzi."

"Things that were stirred under the butterfly's wings,
were not the shadow on the ground nor the wind on the sky.
Were not even me of a disappeared time."

p.8-9: *artwork*

p.10-11: The war starts. People are running away from the city.

p.12-23: Ryu Sang says he wants to go to the Son family's to kill So-ryu's father. Everyone in the gang also wants to kill him so they end up going to So-ryu's house together. There are a lot of guards so they're hiding and observing.

p.24-27: Some soldiers appear



p.28-33: The royal soldiers and the Son family's guards fighting.

p.34-39: Ha-rim runs to find So-ryu, while Ryu Sang finds and takes the pot of his teacher's ashes.

p.40-46: Ha-rim finds So-ryu





p.47-49: So-ryu's parents and their guards comes to save her. Han-ah continues talking to So-ryu:
(Too much text, I simplified it, except for the last sentence.)
- "Why don't your parents love you? They always see you as a precious gift."
- "I'm precious, not a loved child. It's different."
- "That's right. You need Ryu Sang. You need Isana. But you didn't say anything, so now you have nothing."

p.50-52:
"If you could have what you want, things wouldn't be like this.
'I want to be a normal person.'
What's the point of being a beautiful and precious flower while you couldn't enjoy its fragrance?

Is this world really gonna end?
Because this world is no difference than some common story, people feel bored.
That's why it's really going to end?

Why didn't you do anything?
Why didn't you tell anyone?"

p.53-67: So-ryu thinks about the day in the King's airship, and if she should have told the King about his death




"Perhaps,
being free, horse riding on the green plain was more to your wish. (means Gyeom's wish)
Perhaps that was what I thought."

p.68-69:
"Most of people's wishes could not make a change in the world.
Those wishes, even becoming a small wind in this small world is difficult.

But some wishes came together could create the world.
And changing bit by bit,
perhaps someday everything would become real.
It seemed so trivial at first but it was not meaningless at all.

Those wishes...
could be the whole universe to someone.
Not you, not me, have the rights to ask them to be taken away."

p.70-75:





p.76:
"No. I'm only a drop of air."

p.77-82: Real So-ryu gets conscious, she sees Ha-rim fighting against the royal soldiers. She thinks about Ha-rim, Han-ah, her prophecy and when they were kids.



- "Han-ah, I'm sorry I couldn't even put a flower on your grave."
- "It's alright Lady So-ryu. Ha-rim buys pretty jewelry for me all the time."

"I couldn't do anything. And it was not a surprise."


End part.
Next: Vol.18 chap 35: Drop.


Does this chapter clear anything up for you? Any theories?
Because I got a crazy one :-s so I really wanna hear what everyone thinks.

Hope you enjoy this post,
Jessie.


12 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing Ha-rim's scenes in particular for this Ha-rim fangirl. ;)

    I don't have much to contribute for discussion purposes. I'll need to read everything at once when this is all over to gain a more unified understanding of the story (and to remember stuff from earlier chapters, lol, it's been awhile).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Garowyn, it's me nanonano from disqus RH, i just want to say kudos for you because you notice about the feeling of harim to hanah, since i just grab that feeling lately after new volumes published by RH ;)

      Delete
    2. Hello again! To Han-ah? I can't remember what I said about her, lol. I know I spoke about some kind of feelings for Myo-Un. All of Ha-rim's varying and complex feelings for the main ladies of the story are very interesting. :3

      Delete
    3. I think rafa meant that you figured out very soon that Ha-rim's pretense of being Han-ah having some emotional aspect :p I didn't notice either until now.
      This post has many Ha-rim's scenes because I think it's important, not because of my fangirl purposes :"> pls believe me :">

      Delete
    4. Ah, okay, I thought they meant from my comments on the RH site, lol. Now I understand. Thanks, Jessie!

      I believe you! I'm about to check out the newest update you posted. You said there's a shocking scene at the end.....I'm nervous to find out what it is, lol.......

      Delete
  2. hey,thank you for providing us the sumary, from what i saw,it seems the word "the one who destroy me" is refer to han-ah rather than harim. What's insteristing that han-ah also have the same ability as so-ryu and accompany her during her travel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I wonder hard about how Han-ah could do time travel as well. Is it really Han-ah? I don't know :s
      Hmm I still think that those words are for Ha-rim. So-ryu looks at Ha-rim at the previous page before she thinks of those word. Sorry I couldn't post all the pages ^^''

      Delete
  3. Hi Jessie, thanks for a fast summary you did to us. Oh my, reading this one makes my brain overload.

    About hanah joined syoryu, do you think this hanah came from the first alt story? When i read hanah and syoryu scene when hanah read syoryu's dream, i think this scene is weird and unfinished, and at that dream, syoryu state that she want to be needed, i think that's the reason hanah come along with syoryu to accompany her, so she will not feel lonely anymore. Did i take this wrong?

    And i'm really curious about your crazy theory XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does seem like the same Han-ah in the first alt. story doesn't it? Or the Han-ah in vol.17 part 1 when she was very aggressive towards So-ryu. What makes me feel hard to believe that it's Han-ah, is she always says cruel things to So-ryu, right? While Han-ah was the one who sympathized for So-ryu the most. Maybe it's just So-ryu's imagination, to blame herself? Or else how could Han-ah have the power of time travelling too?

      I wanna think about my crazy theory a bit more then I'll share it for sure :P

      Delete
  4. I knew it! The ships are because there are people who now knew about Soh-ryu's fortune telling. They come to get her! :(

    The real deal as to why alternate timelines was made by crazy Soh-ryu was because she's lost, not literally, but lost on the path in life she takes. She's not sure in what place she should stand.. Her power is special, but more of a curse for her. Even a careless uttering in words made Myo-un's family fall, hence, made her a subject for vengeance. Even if it was an honest mistake.
    Although at this volume we are presented with the idea that what's happening to her might have been due to her actions too.
    She knows her father interprets every word that comes out of her mouth as threats, she should have never lead the Temple to ruin and incur Myo-un's revenge. But she did anyway. But there are case like with Isana and Ryu sang that once they know she could see into future, change attitudes. Rejecting her. Soh-ryu must've felt wronged.

    All these stress lead to her craziness. Once, she tried to change during Little Ha-young's (Myo-un;s real name) escape and it bit her cause some things have been changed.
    Soh-ryu just still haven't thought in what degree should she interfere time. Doubting all the time, she was not able to act or do something about people's perception on her. She remained quiet and no one knew what she's thinking, thus, no one can sympathize with her then. She had isolated herself.
    Her being lonely and loveless were partially her fault. Here's where the alternate universe came to be. Her frustrations and depressions piled up and she went crazy.. She no longer care and gone to change things for her benefit - she wanted to be happy so she looked and changed the pasts. Tough luck. It's the same. No one cared for her. But thanks to that.. a Hanah that's supposed to have not live long enough, grew into adutlhood. This Adult Hanah is much better handling her powers & can see right through Soh-ryu better now, hence the, "So that was it" monologue from previous volume.

    We returned in the reaL world (vol18) once again thanks to Hanah. She's helping Soh-ryu to sort things out regarding her fortune telling power.
    If you notice, the one thing that Soh-ryu lacks, its a FRIEND. Someone she could talk to and share or trust with. She's been alone for a long time and that made her lonely. Kept emotions piled up with nowhere to go or shift to. Poor Hanah, Soh-ryu wished she had brought flowers for her grave. She really owe Hanah big time. . .

    Anyway bits and pieces of story is coming together now.. We could see part of a big picture now.. All that's left is what will Myo-un and the rest of the characters decide. Will it be revenge? death? Or will Soh-ryu finds in herself to fight and live for her own happiness.. Bow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, impressive understanding :o really. I read the whole thing, I couldn’t make sense of it. You could with only my incomplete summaries (my summaries are incomplete, I couldn’t do better sorry guys *cry*). I bow to you ^:)^

      That would explain a lot about this grown-up kind-of-aggressive Han-ah. I mean she says all sorts of harsh things to So-ryu (not that it’s bad, I think a little hard truth would be better for her). It even took So-ryu by surprise when this Han-ah appeared in vol.17 and blamed her, she in fact thought: “No matter when or where, I always love this kid. Something must be wrong here. No way she didn’t understand. How could things be like this??”. Yeah, seems like Han-ah from the alternative universe has come to the real world, and she has power too to be able to see So-ryu’s dreams and go with her. That’s really good. Finally someone can help that pitiful girl!

      One thing I think different though. I think the crazy/lost So-ryu who made the alternative worlds happen, she is made in the future, and for different reasons than just because of the piled up emotions So-ryu has endured.
      - It’s the scene when she thinks: “The war started. And ended quickly. The world became quiet, the world where I’m only 21 grams.” --> She became like that AFTER the war ended.
      - So-ryu of the present time, apparently she has some kind of plans. The scene with Ryu Sang on the King’s broken airship, she asked him to believe her (but he said no, mehh. And remember, that scene was first showed in vol.3, she knew about it a long time ago). Also she already knew about the situation of everyone running away now, since the time Ha-rim came to ask her whether to kill Myo-un or not. --> She let things happen and let herself go with them now for a reason.
      And, most importantly, what she and Han-ah said about one drop of water or one wish couldn’t change anything, it had to be changed bit by bit, drop by drop, many wishes together. Then Han-ah asked her “you’ve changed the world so many times. Did you do it for yourself?” and “Do you really want to become that drop of water?” --> She wants to change the situation, but it’s not a one-time job, she tries anyway, that’s why everything’s messed up now. And of course the more she messes with fate, the more it becomes dangerous for her life. So it’s like she sacrifices herself. That’s why the lost So-ryu keeps asking her “Are you really that noble?”, “What do you think you will lose?” etc…
      - However, she keeps saying in various scenes “I couldn’t do anything”, “My life is useless”… And she drinks the poison while wearing the same clothes of the lost So-ryu. --> I think she’ll fail with her plans. She’s desperate so she kills herself. That’s why the lost So-ryu is made. And like you said, that lost girl went all crazy and gave zero crap about anyone else anymore.

      I so agree with you that the one thing So-ryu needs is a friend. But like she once said to Isana: “I had friends. A girl became my friend. My father killed her. Another one almost became my friend. My father killed her family.” I think it’s a pretty good reason to isolate herself from other people LOL. I could hardly say it was her fault. She couldn’t AFFORD to get close to anyone. I also believe the reason she even explained that to Isana, let he know a few things about her, and got as much contact with him as she could possibly get, is that he’ll probably die of his illness anyway. Other than that, no way. Not Ha-rim, not Ryu Sang, only Myo-un and Isana are the only ones I’ve seen she shares *a little bit of* her feelings with. Hence again, so good that Han-ah’s come back now!

      Sorry that I wrote an essay… But your comment is so great that makes me want to ramble all sorts of things XD Pls continue it’d help me a lot to understand things XD

      Delete
  5. Wow it's really good, thanks to you :((( i think so ryu is a bad girl, but i feel sad for her. I don't know why...

    ReplyDelete