29 Aug 2015

Nabi vol.16 part 1 - KISS SCENE!!




I'll try to finish vol.16 soon so we can get some discussion. Yet it doesn't seem easy because the story flow is so confusing, it just goes back and forth between time, places, and characters. It makes summarizing really difficult. My head hurts writing this post :'( Well, I tried my best, hope that it's not so bad. And of course, the most waited scene, makes all troubles worth it :D




Vol.16

p.1-7: *cover & artwork*

p.8-25: It's still the past scene when little Ryu Sang ate the poisoned food and talked to little So-ryu. So-ryu asked if he wanted to get back to the world where he'd live at the Temple? He asked her in that world, could he become the real son of his father (means not a bastard)? She said it just couldn't be.

Mixed between are these pages, which I find really touching.


(Not sure I could translate it well. This page's line basically means The first 20 years of your life, happy or unhappy, mostly depends on your parents, which is true hmm..)


p.26-27: Han-ah's crying in front of a sleeping/unconscious So-ryu.

p.28-33: So-ryu in her shaman mode watching Ryu Sang and Myo-un being together. She says to herself that she shouldn't have taken Myo-un here ("here" means this dimension I think), then realizes how selfish she is.






p.34-39:  So-ryu's confused of things and people, because memories have been changed.

p.40-41: Back to the scene with Han-ah crying, Han-ah comes to understand something and says "So that's what So-ryu wants."

p.42-55: So-ryu in her shaman mode in the bamboo forest.. Ryu Sang's there.






p.56-65: Back to where Myo-un's taking care of injured Ryu Sang. So-ryu appears and tries to talks to Ryu Sang, but he ignores her and calls for Myo-un. And.........................





End part. This is also the end of this alternative universe. Next part will be another one (haha).

Next: Chap 31: Little girl's toy.


Hope everyone enjoy this post,
Jessie.


10 comments:

  1. Hi, it's me again, sorry for spamming your posts with my comments lol.

    Thank you for the part 1 summary, so that's the answer for syoryu like ryusang or not. But still a little bit confuse about syoryu need ryusang, is that solely because ryusang can meet her when she is in shaman mode?

    One more thing, why did ryusang say goodbye to myoun after the kiss? Is he back to syoryu's house after his injury heal?
    And the kiss! I'm not satisfied! I mean we have to wait for 16 volumes and the kiss is in alternative world? Haaah, c'mon ryusang in main story!! Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi rafa, I don't mind at all. I love comments. You know this blog's gained lots of page views for 1 day but only you commented. Other ppl are not supportive at all T_T

      Re your questions:
      Yes, I think it's solely because Ryu Sang can "see" her. Hint: notice her clothes. She's in the same clothes whenever she acts selfishly attached to him (vol.13-14 when she told him to leave Myo-un, etc...), which leads me to believe that it's her when she's already been "lost" in time and can't come back, it makes her extremely lonely with only him to talk to. While other time she doesn't care that much about him.

      He kisses and says goodbye to Myo-un after seeing So-ryu *in that clothes again*. I think he knows that it's her "attached" state and she's not gonna let him stay with Myo-un. Next part of vol.16 will clarify this theory. After the kiss everything just ends, So-ryu takes him to another timeline.

      Well the kiss, I know right? 16 volumes... Anw in vol.17 Ryu Sang of the main story says sweet things to Myo-un. So give him some time, I think he's a shy person LOL

      Delete
    2. Wow, i didn't notice the hint at all.. you have such a detail eyes! Oh my, it really explains syoryu acts to ryusang. I am so excited now since i got to understand one of the biggest puzzles in my mind about this manhwa. Aah i love discussing nabi, once again, thank you so much for making a place to discuss this manhwa.

      Hihi.. i can't wait for seeing sweet ryusang. Please author-nim, give us moreee (drool)

      Delete
    3. Everything makes sense after your explanation about the already lost so-ryu!! I am so so grateful, thanks a lot!

      Delete
  2. Thank you so so so so so so so much for this!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're welcome! thanks a lot for your response too ^_^

      Delete
  3. I appreciate this so much! You are amazing Jessie, thanks for taking time and effort to do this for us Nabi lovers!
    <3 ryu sang x Myo-un

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your support ^_^ I want more Ryu Sang x Myo-un too :")

      Delete
  4. You say there arent much responses so... thank you very much for translating and updating!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg just discovered this blog and I made a blogger account just to show you how appreciated and wonderful you are, Jessie and Paul (Pual?)! Been reading Nabi since 2007 and after Janimes/Sura's place stopped scanslating, there's been no community for the convoluted masterpiece that is Nabi. Thank you, thank you thank you :) If you're looking for responses, I promise I'll comment whenever I can find the time because Nabi has been important to me for the past 9 years, and you're the greatest for giving us this space to love it.

    ReplyDelete