1 Aug 2016

Nabi chap 102-103-104.


Hi everyone,

Thank you so much for all your comments and emails, they're extremely supportive. I wish I could reply to each one of them. Just that time is scarce to me right now, and I'd better spend it updating new posts right :D

It must have been forever since the last update on Nabi. So here it is. Some answers are starting to form.

Nabi chap 102-103-104.
Translator: Pual




Hwi-yeon: So it is


The age of war.

It is the age of madness again.


Crews: Captain!
Captain, please stop!
We're all going to die!

Choi-sul: Shut up!
From now on
I am a citizen of Mun!






She's crazy!
Choi-sul is
Completely crazy!



Myo-un:
I can easily notice something is wrong.
It's because
Things that couldn't exit started reviving.


Thing like

This harsh peace.



Sound of leaves




Of birds
Of leaf mites.

Water drop flowing
Wind breezing

Air brushing sound.

The world, is full of things that couldn't exist.

This fullness of silence.



This fullness of

Peace.


Aru-.
Eat your meal-.
Aru-.
Stop playing and come eat your meal-.

Aru: Daddy-.
When did you come back-.



Jeok-yeong might get cold.






So that is

An illusion.


Ryu Sang: Mom.

Narration: So I said
It's useless.





So-ryu: It was a woman who saved me at the market before.

Myo-un(Ha-young in this world): I'm living a life out of rules for some reasons.
Please don't tell Isana about it

So-ryu: Can I ask your name?

Myo-un: I'm called Hong, Ha-young.

So-ryu: So, why do you want to see me?

Myo-un: It's a bit strange of a story.
Can I ask that reason to you?


So-ryu: It was you, Ha-young who asked me to see you.

Myo-un: Since some time, I have been captivated by a thought that I have to meet Lady So-ryu.

Myo-un: There is an evergreen ash tree in Minister Son's house.
It's because of his daughter, Lady So-ryu's miraculous power.
She can see thousand miles away while sitting here.
I can't say it's not because I heard so.
Not because of...

So-ryu: It's because, we



So-ryu: You and I, have to meet at least once, I think?




So-ryu: You keep visiting me endlessly.
Why is that?
Your sensitiveness?
Or your wish?
Why is that it's always an ordinary person, someone like you, could notice the rifts of the world?

Myo-un: Lady So-ryu?

So-ryu: Ha-young,
How many times have we met?

Myo-un: Eh?

So-ryu: How many times have I changed the world?

Myo-un: ...You... why do you change the world?

So-ryu: Do you like this world?

Myo-un: Is it right to change the world just for that reason?

So-ryu: Why not? ... I thought, so one day, one world.

Myo-un: Someone might like this world.
Doesn't that matter?
Whom do you change the world for?
Is it a world for everyone?
...Or...



Myo-un: ...Ah...

Myo-un: I know what this is
Because I'd seen something like this before.
This is an illusion.



Myo-un:
It can't be heard the sound of leaves here.
It can't be heard the sound of brushing wind here.

Laughing sound greeting me
Tender voices calling me
It can't be here.



Because, it's full of crashes that can devour the entire things here.


We will die if we're not awake.
We will die like nothing in this war.


End chap 104.
**

I'll post the next chapter(s) of Nabi next week. Hope you guys enjoy this.
Thanks Pual for all the trouble of translating xx
Jessie.

7 comments:

  1. Thank you guys so much! XD Though I have to admit that the story is getting more and more confusing @_@

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh,ok. I failed to understand (it's my fault,not the translated), can somebody help explain this chapter. But thank you so much to update again. I'll be always patien waiting. So keep the hard work jessie and pual ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. Thanks to all!

    I can't remember what happened in previous chapters...and I have no idea what's going on in these chapters, lol. OTL Either way, always happy for more Nabi!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all, thanks, Jessie and Pual, for your great work!

    So it seems the chapter beginning flashes back to the airship crash after the Emperor's death? Or at least to a crashing airship. They call it war. Is it a war? In a way it is, I guess?

    Everybody gets to live a moment of their dreams, or see something they wish for most: Yeokyeong sees his (adoptive?) parents, Ryu-Sang sees his mother coming back for him after having him abandoned on the Hamat Plains, Aru sees her dead father and Myo-Un sees Lady Sabu. But contrary to all others, Myo-Un realizes that this is just a dream, or an illusion, and then there's Han-Ah...?

    I think the part that follows is set in one of the first worlds Ryu-Sang visits, the one in which he meets Myo-Un as a girl first and then as a man and asks her to run away with him. So-Ryu mentions that she was saved by Myo-Un in woman's clothes, and when Myo-Un comes to talk to her Ryu-Sang intervenes (in the previous chapters). Seems like the meeting takes place, this time, and Myo-Un asks So-Ryu why she feels like they've met before... Which causes So-Ryu to realize that Myo-Un can feel the shifts between the worlds she creates, or at least realizes that they're living in a dream. So-Ryu also reveals that she can change the worlds, and Myo-Un questions her motives...

    So you are right, there are answers here, or, it starts looking like answers will be found sometime soon in the future :)

    Thank you, again!

    Yours, fiesa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi fiesa. It's Jessie :D Imagine when I first came back and saw all the fabulous comments from you, and your newest Nabi fic on ff too. I've always wanted to respond but life always interferes *sigh*
      So I'll say it now that I love your comments and analysis, love your fic and its dedication. Truly.

      For these chapters, it's their journey on the ship of Choi-sul's, started from vol.19. They wanted to flee to Mun country but Choi-sul betrayed them and wanted to "sell" them back to Sun. The war is an actual war, started at vol.18, after the King's death, Sun and Mun bombed and fought each other. And it's Jerk-young's aunt and uncle, they took care of him shortly after his parents had died. Han-ah might be Ha-rim, he has her power you know, though I'm not sure. For the rest, you're correct. (Jezz I need the hard copies to check all these facts, so confusing indeed.)

      I think, and hope, the next chapters will make this clearer, as right now I'm starting to think of a possibility: Myo-un is the one who always sees the rifts between alternative worlds, and more than once she feels like [this world] has also something wrong; now she thinks that this war/peace is strange too and they must wake up. >> So perhaps [this world] - I mean the world we've got to know since the beginning of vol.1 - is merely an alternative one too, hence it's not true, not really important, and they have to find their way back to [the original world], whatever it is. I might be so wrong, but it's true that Myo-un thinks [this world] is strange and it's an illusion etc... Well. It seems like more questions than answers actually.

      Vol.20 and we still don't really know anything. It's genius, and madness. Let's look forward to the future then! (pun intended, lol)

      Again, so glad to hear from you. :)
      J.

      Delete
    2. Hi Jessie,

      thanks for your reply! I am sorry I never answered. I only now came back here to re-read the last chapters of the series - meaning, the last ones you summarized here - and saw your reply^^ I, for stupid reasons, dislike signing in anywhere, and tend to post anonymously. Drawback, obviously, is that I don't get to see the answers...

      Thanks for your help with the understanding! I was missing all the background information, especially the ones about Choi-Sul. So she wanted to sell them out, that explains a lot. Do you know what the girl that met Izana was trying to do, by any chance? I cannot remember her name. I have the feeling she went against Choi-Sul's orders, which either led to the ship crashing - or whatever? Not quite sure so far.

      I'm re-reading this part because I love the bits and pieces Ryu-Sang sees in those "other worlds", each one in which Myo-Un is missing, and he realizes he is looking for her in each one of them. I have the feeling I will have to go even farther back for those chapters, though.

      It is heartbreaking that Jeok-Yeong tried to kill Ha-Rim, I think. He, until now, was one of the innocent childs, along with Aru. But. None of them stays innocent, do they...

      I don't know wether you're still active here, but I thought I'd write anyway :) Just wanted to say hi. I hope you're doing well!

      Regards,

      fiesa

      Delete