6 Nov 2015

A Tale of Felluah chap 40-41.

Hi everyone,

Sorry for a slow update. My computer broke and I'm barely being able to write this on a half-dead one T_T Translation took more time than usual too because there were many lines and not that everything made sense at a first glance.


A Tale of Felluah chap 40-41
- Translator: Pual -



"Why did she marry to Felluah?
Why did Orthez choose Arthur Lapray?"


Duchess:  "Eloise."
Eloise: "Yes, Duchess."
Duchess: "...Are they...
Making love well?"

Eloise: "...W...
...Well...
They are both young and energetic, so they can be doing good on their own, I guess?"

Duchess: "No, look at them.
They don't look like an on-fire newly-wed couple at all, who are willing to jump on each other just with an eye contact."

Eloise: "They are also with Marina , so it's not appropriate to do something provocative..."

**

Duchess: "What is this, between us,
Aren't we experienced enough to know everything about how far they've gone just by a glance."
Eloise: "...I don't know, I've been living an ascetic life for long..."

Duchess: "And decisively, I felt something strange when I was watching those two kissing yesterday. Eloise, you did feel same thing, right?"
Eloise: "I don't have a hobby of peeping to such private area."

Duchess: "Surely, it's not that they didn't spend their wedding night, right?
Does Arthur want to nullify this marriage?
Eloise: "But you also attested for it, my Lady."

Duchess: "...I did, but...
...And, although it's not what I should say..."

Duchess: "My daughter who might even know the trick of breaking a pigeon egg if needed..."
Eloise: "Surely she knows it. How many vulgar books she has read till now."

※ Brides who aren't virgin broke a pigeon egg filled with animal's blood to prove their virginity in their wedding night.

Eloise: "But the Earl has no reason to participate in such show, right?
It's good enough to believe in things as they look like, without suspicion.
Those two look good like a drawing."

(T/N: Literal translation: 'get along with each other like a drawing'. 'Like a drawing' is a common phrase to describe a good-looking couple in Korean.)

**

Duchess: "I thought
My daughter would go to the royal family.
I thought she would accept Prince Paris's proposal and become his bride."


Duchess: "Then, one day she said, that she wanted to marry the Earl of Felluah.
At first, I wondered how she knew Arthur Lapray.
Because he's the only heir of a family that has a few descendants, he hardly leaves his shire.
I wondered,"

**

Duchess: "Whether she picked a random handsome guy in the picture dictionary of nobles!"
Eloise: "To be honest, I thought the same thing briefly..."

Duchess: "The Earl of Felluah family. It's a good family indeed.
It has a long history, an abundance territory, and a distant relation with the royal family.
But, is it worth it to give my daughter?
There was an uncle regent who was in charge for a long time
And there were few relatives who would help. Honestly, I didn't want to let her go.
...I didn't want to, but...."


Duchess: "I thought, why wouldn't let her go, if that's what she wanted.
Is it even a common thing, being happy in married life?
(T/N: she's saying: married life is harsh for most women.)
How good it is assuring a comfortable, settled life.
How numerous of people who look for love and romance in other places.
And also how good it is that Arthur is a fine gentleman.

**

Duchess: "Eloise."
Eloise: "Yes."

Duchess: "Is there really no troubles in Felluah?"
Although Orthez said so...
If there is nothing..."


Duchess: "That woman must also not be there.
That dirty whore.
My daughter must be happy there. If not, I will not forgive."


*knock, knock*

**

Maid: "My Lord is participating in a party with his friends tonight."
Orthez: "I see."
Maid: "Then, my Lady, have a good night.
Orthez: "Good night both of you."

Eloise: "My Lady."
Orthez: "Yeah?"
Eloise: "Is there any news?"
Orthez: "What news?"

**

Eloise: "No?"
Orthez: "NO!"
Eloise: "Why is that?"
Orthez: "WELL, WHY'S THAT?"
Eloise: "My Lady."
Orthez: "WHAT!"
Eloise: "Fighting!"
Orthez: "GO TO SLEEP!"


Orthez: "Tck."

"Those guys would be, by now
Pouring alcohol excitingly!"

Orthez: *Crappy friend! Why did you come back when you told me you would be wandering your whole life!
Hey, stop pouring alcohol to Arthur!*

"That moment
I took one step back."

**

"And he
Took a step forward."


"In my mind,
It was a moment that I practiced a few times..."

**

Orthez: "Damn it!
DAMN IT!"


Arthur: "Sorry."

"Somehow, Arthur wants to apologize."



Arthur: "...Well...
I said, you don't have to be like this."


Arthur: "You might be thinking that you're protecting your image good enough.
But you're revealed already.
People in the castle already know which type of woman you are.
So, stop that false modesty
And live comfortably as you want."

Orthez: "Ah, What are you doing!"


Arthur: "What I do is,
Love, of course."


Arthur: "For playing with my Lady,
I came back despite of that returned libertine.
Won't you compliment me?"

(T/N: 'returned libertine', or 'returned casanova'. is a common Korean phrase, refers to someone being greeted so gladly. another similar one is 'returned daughter-in-law'.)


Arthur: "I heard that you met Nox?"
Orthez: "Yes."
Arthur: "He said, he met you when he dropped by Tessa before.
And he said he was astounded because you are so beautiful and I'm a lucky guy because of it?"
Orthez: "Such empty words..."
Arthur: "Yeah, I told him the same thing."

**

Arthur: "And you'll have to go to Queen Mona's party?"
Orthez: "Yes."
Arthur: "What party is it for?"

"Celebrating pregnancy party"


Arthur: "Mm, what did you just say?"
Orthez: "I haven't said anything yet."
Arthur: "Orthez?"

"Then celebrate it with your own cozy family. What on earth are you doing boasting it by announcing to all people."
*Nah, it's natural move because she is the queen.*

"An invitation for celebrating pregnancy.
Is it joking? Or mocking?"

**

"Am I being mocked?!
Are you excited so much being a perfunctory, inattentive couple then having a heir only by some physical contact. Is that it, Queen Mona?"
*Nah, of course it's not.
It's a duty that I must do though.*

"Ah, was it due to the opportunity that I created?
Did you use the chance while I was inviting Marchioness Ricel to Felluah? Was that it, Queen Mona?"

"Then, you should have been more kind to me!"


Orthez: "What will happen if Queen Mona gives birth to a son?"

**

Arthur: "Of course, it will be just one more prince.
What could be happening with Paris is still on his two feet there.
After all
She is not a favored wife."

"Although I want to see Arthur's face while he's saying that
I close my eyes."


"Although I want to say, that somehow that woman hasn't gotten pregnant yet.
I feel like myself too vulgar, so I swallow it."

Orthez: "Arthur, where is your position in line for the throne?"
Arthur: "What?"
Orthez: "You said that the Earl family has blood relation with the royal family.
Arthur: "What time and age are you talking about?
Probably you, a descendant of a Duke family are in higher position in such line."
Orthez: "Is it so?"

**

Arthur: "...Well, so...
You wanted to be a Queen?"
Orthez: "Life is only one time, if I could live such luxurious life, it would be..."
Arthur: "But you said you hate Paris?"
Orthez: "But he would be so kind to me."


Arthur: "Anyway,
Isn't it more exciting being with me?"

"What should I do,
I can't open my eyes."

**

Arthur: "Orthez.
Your heart, seems like it's about to burst out."


Orthez: "That... that's a natural physiologic response!"
Arthur: "Yeah, Yeah."
Orthez: "Good for you! You have a healthy wife."
Arthur: "I know right."

****

Gosh.. thank Pual a lot for being patient with all these lines... >_<

Hope everyone enjoys.
Jessie.

29 comments:

  1. Thanks for the chapter and translation!

    I hope you get your computer fixed soon/or a new computer =/. I would hate to lose my comp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally... I've been checking your blog a few times everyday for updates. Lol! Woah! I like the Duchess' character, typical of a mother. I thought Orthez was immuned to Arthur's charm but she's starting to get conscious, hope that's a good sign.

    Thanks Jessie and Paul!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And yeah, I hope your computer gets fixed soon and that none of your files get corrupted.

      Delete
  3. Jessie and Paul, thank you so much for the updates!!!=D

    I have been anticipating for it, and thus, am extra grateful to Jessie for taking the trouble to update this despite your computer breakdown. <3<3<3

    chp 40

    I am inferring that Orthez inherited her intelligence from the Duchess haha from her conversation with Lady Eloise.

    On first impression, chapter 40 seems to be clarify that Orthez went to Felluah while preparing not to meet Nox there unlike what most of us think...
    However the following lies ,"That moment I took one step back.""And he Took a step forward." seemed to suggest otherwise. If she have prepared not to met Nox in Felluah, why was she practicing how to react when they reunite? Hence, I wonder do the quoted lines have any hidden meanings or do they simply reflect the corresponding images shown on the pages where the lines appeared.

    Chp 41
    I really like how Arthur starts to fall for Orthez despite seeing her unglamorous sides LOL. I wonder if he thought that Orthez was angry because he went drinking and left her alone for so long,haha

    Somehow I have got this random feeling that Otherez conversation for the desire to become queen seems to be directed at Igraine rather than herself; suggesting that Igraine wishes to be Arthur's Queen if he was entitled to the throne. ...Is Orthez getting jealous of Igraine? haha

    Oh and what a cute ending that KYJ nim has left us for the chapter showing Orthez blushing for the first time. I hope that signals her grown interest towards Authur =)

    --
    Jessie, hope that the issues with your computer would be resolved soon!




    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *flustered and blushing

      Delete
    2. That scene that some times she practiced seems not good enough, she still hesitate before Nox and her vision was just of a gorgeous man, seems she still has many feeling lingering there, of what we saw about their relationship looks like they have a lot of things in common and maybe is her ideal partner. I'm so much expecting more deep pages in their story but it looks a long way to that

      Delete
  4. Thanks again pual and jessie, and please take your time, we will wait patiently. i really like arthur and orthez, I never get bored with their story and I am really curious about the reasen orthez married arthur. (Sorry for the bad english)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jessie, after checking your blog (god knows how many time) and waiting, I'm so glad to see the update!! I'm excited to see how Orthez and Arthur are subconsciously drawn to one other by being more honestly expressing themselves (not yet openly though). Arthur makes me swoon kyaah!! I hope that each can let go of their past love and recognize each other feeling. Orthez's mother turns out to have more depth as a character too (somehow, I felt "like mother, like daughter" lol). Again, thanks Jessie & Pual for the translation and posting!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much, Jessie and Pual! Sorry to hear about computer problems, hope the repairs aren't too expensive. :(

    Ahhh, lol, I knew people would start questioning Orthez about pregnancy and the like, sooner or later. Arthur and Orthez definitely seem closer now, and I love their banter! Aww, blushing Orthez!

    ReplyDelete
  7. THANKS FOR THE TRANSLATION, I've been checking it for a couple of days hehe it really made my day :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
    You just made my day. I hope they get to be happy at the end. I'm afraid that Paris may steal Orthez away or something now that she's going to the palace. Maybe Nox may accompany her for the trip. That'd be interested. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for sharing these and for Pual translating! :) I hope your computer gets fixed. It's always so bothersome having a broken computer. I've had issues before like that and getting my data back was a pain. I've learned to save on an external hard drive or to back up on cloud.

    Wow I re-read these 2 chapters several times. I find the conversation b/t Orthez and Arthur to be full of jealousy, love, and admiration. There's a lot of sexual tension, I think. When she thought, "Although I want to say, that somehow that woman hasn't gotten pregnant yet. I feel like myself too vulgar, so I swallow it.", Orthez was definitely jealous. I think Orthez doesn't really understand what love is yet, and it feels like what she felt towards Nox was more like infatuation compared to how she is with Arthur. I actually think Arthur is more certain of his feelings for Orthez and is trying his best to win her over. Now it's just up to Orthez to fall for him completely! :D :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seconded that totally!Her feeling for Nox might be more of infatuation, like borderline love but isn't quite there. She's cunning so, she does not let herself get swayed by emotion so easily. Lucky for Orthez (as usual) she's led to her rightful soul mate. Hohoho!

      Delete
  10. Thank you so much Jessie and Pual!
    ε=ε=(ノ≧∇≦)ノ

    The duchess is so cool!~ Now we know why Orthez's personality is like that hehe (*^^*)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you very much Jessie and Pual as always~
    I'm getting kinda frustrated because there's literally so little happening in each chapter... this is more than just 'slow' pace this is being stingy lol. In other manga/manhwa they wouldn't need two chapters to tell this much story....
    Anyway yey for flirty Arthur and blushing Orthez! I like their banter but I wish they bond in deeper level sometimes in the near future

    ReplyDelete
  12. You had no idea how I always came back to re-read all the Felluah tales! Gosh!

    I like how Arthurs is becoming more assertive by being playful, he certainly starts having feelings for Orthez that's why he's teasing her. Arthur actually outsmarts Orthez since he is more honest about his own feelings while Orther still stuck between her past-present (which I know will pass soon YEAY) HURRY AND MAKE HER FALL IN LOVE ARTHUR

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think ortez love nox too much:
    1. In one of the previous chapter she sked arthur whether men cannot forget their first love (arthur thought she was referring to his relationship with igraine but ortez probably meant this for nox feeling to her) and whether she is a person ygat wont be forgotten by someone.
    2. Her behavior to arthur that is so casual (seems that she does not care to get arthur's heart - maybe that's the intention)
    3. She chose to marry to arthur because she think that arthur does not interested to any beautiful woman (based on her conversation when she first saw arthur) - this further explained her first judgement that arthur is a gay (in the most earlier chapters)
    And many more as you guys already mentioned.

    I really hope the couple of arthur x ortez will work out at the end of the day. I will definitely hate the author if otherwise happen... GeezZ

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for letting us enjoy such a wonderful manhwa.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so excited for this manga. Thank you very much Jessie and Pual.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you so much for translating both of you and the ebook tip, I've just catched up with the summaries and waaah, it's so good ><
    And so much more complicated than I thought it'd be, now with Nox entering the story. I wonder how it'll work out for everyone?

    Igraine has probably the shortest stick oft them all, with Arthur now starting to like Orthez and the king being able to ditch her at any second. I'm also interested to see how Orthez-Nox will be, especially since Nox basically said he's the most important person to himself. If he'd gain enough interest, would he try to snatch Orthez away? Though I guess he doesn't seem like the type to do that, but we didn't see too much about him yet.
    I totally lve Arthur-Orthez though, so hopefully there's a happy end in here.

    And I hope you get your pc working again ><

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What summaries and ebook... share it with me pls........pls pls pls..thank you somuch.. i love tale of felluah and nabi so much...

      Delete
  18. Thanks again paul and jessie!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks again paul and jessie!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So it seems that in vol 6 part 4 ( You're my lady, mine) they're just kissing and nothing happened because Orthez is crying. So Orthez and Arthur 's development so far is up to Kissing initiated by Arthur. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Arthur is advancing their relationship but Orthez is trying her hard to evade, thus they have not yet consumate their marriage? And they are in their 4th month of their marriage when Arthur realize he might like (not yet love) Orthez? i wish Arthur and Orthez experience jealousy soon and thus realize their feeling for each other :)
    Thank youuuu so much for the advance scanlations, can't wait for the new development on Arthur and Orthez 's love for each other. i hope you get your pc working again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually when I read the chapter where they kissed and orthez cried I thought they did it after closed the curtain and all ..
      But after reading the chapters after that one I'm also starting to think like you that they haven't done it yet

      Delete
    2. Ya...me too... i thought they done doing it already......hen will be? I love artur and orthez so much..... maybe igraine and nox can be matched together..

      Delete
  21. awesome, thank you for the update!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you very much for translating and updating the chapter~ you guys are my light of day

    ReplyDelete